2012 F1 testing
Lotus have been forced to cancel their running in today’s test after discovering a problem with their new E20 chassis.
Romain Grosjean was shaking down the second of the team’s E20s at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Trackside operations director Alan Permane explained: “This morning was our first shakedown of our second chassis.
“Once the car was on track it was soon evident that everything wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót quite as it should be. As a precaution we are returning the chassis to Enstone for further investigation. Chassis E20-01, which we used in Jerez, is being sent over and we expect to be on track with that chassis tomorrow.”
Grosjean said: “We completed a few aero runs and then started timed runs, but I was very quickly aware that the car wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót responding as it should.
“It?óÔé¼Ôäós not ideal to lose track time, but fortunately we will have the chassis which ran perfectly in Jerez so I should get some good track time tomorrow. It?óÔé¼Ôäós far better that we have an issue like this now rather than in Melbourne.”
Team principal Eric Boullier called the interruption a “minor setback”.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Team Lotus
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others