Jamey Price’s best Barcelona F1 testing pictures

F1 pictures

Jamey Price has dazzled us with his superb shots of F1 testing in Barcelona this week.

F1 Fanatic has assembled an extra-large gallery of his fantastic photographs, most of which have not been published here before.

Feast your eyes on Jamey’s excellent snaps from the Circuit de Catalunya below.

If you want to learn how to take pictures like Jamey, read his previous articles which include lots of great tips on how to take photographs of F1 cars:

Jamey is a sports photojournalist whose work has been published in a range of sporting publications worldwide. More of his photos can be found at www.jameypricephoto.com.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Jamey Price/F1 Fanatic

44 comments on Jamey Price’s best Barcelona F1 testing pictures

1. Arijit (@arijitmaniac) said on 25th February 2012, 13:19

Excellent images!! All of them… Even with the stepped noses!! Thanks to Jamie… he made F1 look beautiful again!!

2. GeorgeDaviesF1 (@georgedaviesf1) said on 25th February 2012, 13:54

I’m nearly used to the noses already!

3. George (@george) said on 25th February 2012, 14:12

Kudos to Jamie, really added something different to the usual pictures.

4. Proesterchen (@proesterchen) said on 25th February 2012, 14:49

I especially love the over-saturated colours, they add an almost toyish quality to the cars and track.

Beautfil work, and very well done, Jamey! And thanks for featuring his work here on F1Fanatic, @KeithCollantine !

5. TED BELL said on 25th February 2012, 17:50

Big deal….give me $10,000 worth of camera gear and a $ 5,000 dollar pit access pass and I could do just as good.

6. Pato Milan said on 25th February 2012, 17:51

WOW!! These are amazing!
    Thought that I wouldn’t have any F1 wallpapers this year (except for McLarens) but these are just jaw-dropping…
    Im’ still not used to the stepped noses but at some angles the front wheels hide the step and changes the cars appearance completely.

7. bsnaylor (@bsnaylor) said on 25th February 2012, 19:59

Some excellent pics Jamey.

8. Andrew said on 25th February 2012, 20:11

All of his shots are now rotating as my background, absolutely stunning pictures.

9. Eleanore (@leucocrystal) said on 25th February 2012, 20:35

Love the shots, thank you! Fantastic stuff. His style is unique and he’s a great guy, too; I’m an aspiring photographer and he’s always kind enough to answer any questions on Twitter (and is very encouraging too).

10. Optimaximal (@optimaximal) said on 25th February 2012, 22:55

Massa is looking more like his dad every year!

11. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 26th February 2012, 1:20

It’s rare you see such high saturation of colour in photos without it looking really tacky, and that’s been done really well. What I’ve noticed about all of these photos as that every car is made to look really good. Which is something, considering this is 2012…

12. Journeyer (@journeyer) said on 26th February 2012, 6:36

Just a question for Jamey – compared to the pics from the F1 teams, the colours seem to be a bit different – maybe a higher saturation? Is this something deliberate or something that came about from the environment where you were shooting?

• Jamey price said on 26th February 2012, 21:31

It’s really not that saturated. A lot of other photographers lower the contrast on photos so you get more detail on the cars. But that’s not really what your eye sees.

I don’t make anything that it isn’t. The most I do is minor cropping and color adjustment. The rest is as it is. I want you to feel like you’re there. F1 is so colorful. It’s stupid not to use those colors!

13. andae23 (@andae23) said on 26th February 2012, 6:54

Fantastic pictures, I especially like the short shutter speed shots. Does anyone know what kind of camera was used ??? (problably not his I-phone I’m guessing…)

14. Kevin Campos (@kcampos12) said on 26th February 2012, 7:45

Great shots, but what’s with the green red bull wing

15. bearforce1 said on 26th February 2012, 9:07

Many thanks for sharing Jamey, great pics.. keep it up.