2012 F1 testing
Ferrari say they will revert back to their plan for this week’s test following a “clarification” of the rules.
Ferrari and Red Bull previously announced they would run from Friday 2nd to Monday 5th March at this week’s test, while the remaining teams would stick to the original dates of Thursday 1st to Sunday 4th March.
However Ferrari have now switched back to their original testing programme. The team said in a statement: “Based on a new clarification of Article 22.4 of the Sporting Regulations, which was sent to the teams late yesterday evening, it is no longer possible to run on Monday 5th March.”
The article governs what testing teams may do before and during an F1 season.
The statement continued: “As a result, the test schedule for Scuderia Ferrari and the other teams that had originally decided to follow this option now reverts to that of the majority, running from Thursday 1st March to Sunday 4th March.
“The order in which our drivers will be working remains unchanged: Felipe Massa will be at the wheel of the F2012 on Thursday and Saturday, with Fernando Alonso driving on Friday and Sunday.”
Update: Red Bull have also confirmed they will revert back to the original testing dates of 1st to 4th March.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Jamey Price/F1 Fanatic