2012 F1 season
Williams founder Sir Frank Williams will step down from the board at his team at the end of the month.
His daughter Claire Williams will join the board on April 1st, taking over from Dominic Reilly as director of marketing and communications.
Frank Williams will remain the team principal of the F1 operation. He said: “This is an opportune moment, also, for me to consider my own role in the team. I turn 70 in April and I have decided to signal the next stage in the gradual but inevitable process of handing over the reins to the next generation by stepping down from the Board at the end of this month.
“This is not as dramatic a move as it may appear: I shall continue to work full-time as Team Principal and I shall continue to attend all Board meetings as observer. I also remain the majority shareholder of Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC.
“Nonetheless, I shall be looking to Claire to represent the Williams family on the Board and I know that she will work tirelessly alongside Adam [Parr] to make the Group and the team just as successful as we can be.”
He added: “It is no secret that Claire is my daughter but I am proud to say that she has fought hard to earn this appointment and of all the battles she has had to fight, the prejudices of her father were not the least challenging.”
Williams chairman Adam Parr said: “The board concluded that Claire?óÔé¼Ôäós appointment would further strengthen its quality, diversity and effectiveness.
“I would also like to join Frank in expressing sincere thanks to Dominic Reilly for eight years?óÔé¼Ôäó of dedicated service to Williams, during which he has been highly successful in acquiring and working with our partners. Dominic plans to set up a new venture, with the support of Williams, and we wish him great success.”
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT