Caption Competition 8: Schumacher and Rosberg

Caption competition

Nico Rosberg, Michael Schumacher, Mercedes W03 launch, Barcelona, 2012

Nico Rosberg, Michael Schumacher, Mercedes W03 launch, Barcelona, 2012

Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg are the stars of this week’s Caption Competition.

What did Mercedes’ two stars have to say to each other at the launch of their new F1 car?

It’s up to you to figure it out. Post your best suggestions in the comments.

As usual a selection of the best suggestions will appear in Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

The picture above is one of many great shots taken for us by Jamey Price in F1 testing at the Circuit de Catalunya last week. See more of Jamey’s excellent photographs here:

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?? Jamey Price/F1 Fanatic

141 comments on Caption Competition 8: Schumacher and Rosberg

1. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:23

Schumacher: “I know what you’re thinking. “Did he win seven Wolrd Championships, or only six?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a Mercedes W03, the most powerful racing car in the world, and could blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: “Do I feel lucky?” Well … do ya, punk?

2. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:25

Seeking with every possible means for thousands of a second, wind-tunnel restrictions made the Mercedes drivers experimenting simultaneously different aerodynamic effects of their 2012 nose settings, from the front and from the side.

3. RumFRESH (@rumfresh) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:26

“Call me Britney one more time… I dare you!”

4. Lauri (@f1lauri) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:31

Schu: “Got pie?”
    Nico: “mmm, pie!”

5. cjpdk (@cjpdk) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:35

MSC: “For you, Nico, the title is over”

6. schooner (@schooner) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:37

“I swear … if I catch you letting air out of my tires ONE more time …!

7. mike-e (@mike-e) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:37

Nico: (Under muttered breath) Oh my god, have you seen the nose on that thing….. try not to look horrified in front of the cameras

Michael: OH MY *shhhhh* oh my god, has someone crashed it? will it buff out?

8. Nico: You’re making a television show with that new French loser….and not me??
    Michael: Yes, we’re thinking of calling it LaVergne and Schumi.

9. Lewis said on 3rd March 2012, 22:39

Michael: “like my haircut? “

10. Harish said on 3rd March 2012, 22:41

Nico : **** !!!.. yo wife right behind ya..

11. mike-e (@mike-e) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:42

Michael: Have you seen this under my ear? Ross made me get it installed as part of my Mercedes contract, its a human emotion chip. To be honest its ruined my racecraft.

12. mike-e (@mike-e) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:45

Michael: Gimmie your lunch money!

13. Luis said on 3rd March 2012, 22:47

Is that your towel on the podium?

14. S.J.M (@sjm) said on 3rd March 2012, 22:59

Nico – “Michael…. from this angle you bear a striking resemblance to the front of a W125… how odd.”

15. S.J.M (@sjm) said on 3rd March 2012, 23:02

Nico – “Michael, dont look back, but I see Norbert coming this way with his David Hasslehoff CD collection”

16. f1andy83 said on 3rd March 2012, 23:06

I’m not sure I remember you, let me see you from behind.

17. Mach1 (@mach1) said on 3rd March 2012, 23:20

Schumacher: “Nico…Have you seen my career….I’m sure I left it here somewhere”

Nico: “Turn Around”

18. F1George (@f1george) said on 3rd March 2012, 23:23

News that David Hasselhoff’s new album didn’t make it to number 1 spread fast within the F1 paddock….

19. Harry (@harryam) said on 3rd March 2012, 23:23

Rosberg proudly wears skirt to new car launch.

20. dragoll (@dragoll) said on 3rd March 2012, 23:27

NR: No words could ever begin to explain how much I love you.
    MS: What.