Caption Competition 8: Schumacher and Rosberg

Caption competition

Nico Rosberg, Michael Schumacher, Mercedes W03 launch, Barcelona, 2012

Nico Rosberg, Michael Schumacher, Mercedes W03 launch, Barcelona, 2012

Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg are the stars of this week’s Caption Competition.

What did Mercedes’ two stars have to say to each other at the launch of their new F1 car?

It’s up to you to figure it out. Post your best suggestions in the comments.

As usual a selection of the best suggestions will appear in Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

The picture above is one of many great shots taken for us by Jamey Price in F1 testing at the Circuit de Catalunya last week. See more of Jamey’s excellent photographs here:

Caption competition

Browse all previous caption competitions

Image ?? Jamey Price/F1 Fanatic

141 comments on Caption Competition 8: Schumacher and Rosberg

1. nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 4th March 2012, 9:35

What do you mean ‘it looks like my wife’..?

2. Smitster said on 4th March 2012, 9:35

“Bet you 10 bucks that you blink first.”

3. Dan_the_McLaren_fan (@dan_the_mclaren_fan) said on 4th March 2012, 10:17

(Rosberg) “Why did you sit on my car? Now it looks stupid and ugly because of you!”

4. trebor27 (@trebor27) said on 4th March 2012, 10:46

Rosberg and Schumacher are just two of the many who are looking for the recently lost Barrichello.

5. pitflaps (@pitflaps) said on 4th March 2012, 11:07

“Don’t look now, but Norbert just arrived in a tutu”
    “OK: let’s try and seem professional. I’ll stare at the car, you think about your career.”

6. mole (@mole) said on 4th March 2012, 11:18

rather than a caption, i’d like to keep them silent and add a backing soundtrack.
    [The good, the bad and ugly theme – basically the classic cowboy showdown one]

7. Alex said on 4th March 2012, 12:14

Schu: what’s up with the red bull from Mika last night.
    Ros: beats me… And the hand gestures we exchanged….
    Schu: -_-“

8. Euro Brun (@eurobrun) said on 4th March 2012, 12:17

NR: My dad could beat up your dad

9. il Leone said on 4th March 2012, 12:38

NR: I’ll miss you when your gone
    MS: Actually, I’ve signed a 2013 deal, no Italian-Scot from Force India will be replacing me soon.
    NR: Oh, what about 2014?
    MS: Same
    NR: (Under breath) Blast..
    MS: Excuse me?
    NR: Oh, nothing, that is brilliant Mick

10. Schumacher: “You look different without your moustache Keke”

11. This one is actually a Mercedes advert, it goes…

Nico: “My lack of wins is killing me”
    Michael: “And I, I must confess, I still believe”
    Both turn to the camera: “Still believe!”

12. Steven said on 4th March 2012, 12:59

I’m going to beat you this year too Michael. But try to keep your chins up.

13. Andy Pugh said on 4th March 2012, 13:15

23 minutes and 43 seconds in and it was still stalemate in the annual Mercedes staring competition

14. Nixon (@nixon) said on 4th March 2012, 13:28

Shumacher: You think your better than me, punk.

15. James Robertson (@mclarenboy0310) said on 4th March 2012, 14:12

Msc: I flattened the nose of your car so I would be faster This year!
    Nr: uh huh so why does it say Schumacher on it if its my car?
    Msc: ……….damn!

16. Stefan Kelly (@brawngp) said on 4th March 2012, 15:02

I usually have a good laugh reading these, but have to say none have made me laugh. Maybe the picture isn’t so good.

17. hippo152 said on 4th March 2012, 15:03

Hey Britney, how about letting me by this season, like my old Ferrari teammates had to during the good old day’s.
    Norbert said I don’t have to coz you’re not as fast as you used to be!

18. Bobdredds (@bobdredds) said on 4th March 2012, 16:48

Give us a kiss pet!

19. After a mis-translation regarding the “launch” of the car neither Mercedes driver was willing to volunteer!

20. Hairpin (@hairpin) said on 4th March 2012, 18:37

Michael ur full of excrement; .. don’t you mean excitement .. you heard what I said.