New HRT F112 seen for the first time in Spain

2012 F1 cars

HRT have launched their 2012 F1 car, the F112, at the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain.

Narain Karthikeyan was at the wheel for the car’s first laps.

HRT did not manage to have the car pass its crash tests in time to be able to participate in pre-season testing, which concluded at the circuit on Sunday.

HRT F112 pictures

Here are the first pictures of the HRT F112:

2012 F1 cars

Browse all 2012 F1 cars articles

Image ?? HRT

106 comments on New HRT F112 seen for the first time in Spain

1 2 3 4
  1. Andy Redden (@andyredden-on-f1) said on 5th March 2012, 19:02

Liuzzi still at the team?

2. djdaveyp85 (@djdaveyp87) said on 5th March 2012, 19:02

I like it, the colour anyway. I hope they are at least within 107% regularly this season, my one worry is they may have difficulty keeping up again. I have a real soft spot for this team for some reason.

• JCost (@jcost) said on 5th March 2012, 20:21

Yes, I really dig that livery.

• they will beat marussia again and that will make it 3 times in a row and that with half of their(marussia) budget, and for a weird reason i want them to succeed too

• lukaskhan (@lukaskhan) said on 7th March 2012, 0:19

@me your not the only one buddy. I got a warm feeling when they came 11th last year, again, in front of (then) Virgin. And that they could have done better then (the then) Lotus team if it wasn’t for one lucky result.

I dislike that people write them off, yes, they’re completely off the pace, but they are an absolute, brand, spanking new team. They’ve had ownership issues, they’ve had major budget issues, but they are still there and they still haven’t come plum last – which is a major feat given that they bring no upgrades at all.

3. S.J.M (@sjm) said on 5th March 2012, 19:06

Nice Livery on an otherwise empty car. Didnt they have more sponsors last yet? or was it just more was happening on 2011s livery

Like the Marussia, its a tad dissapointing in that it looks more GP2 then F1. I know they have less money and having a group of people running them change, but this is their 3rd car now and Id like to think they [both] could have designed something better. Still, Ill try hold my judgement till Melbourne, but as I said on the Marussia one, I fear both will fall foul to the 107% rule.

4. realracer (@realracer) said on 5th March 2012, 19:09

Actually a really nice car and livery well done.

5. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 5th March 2012, 19:09

It’s actually a really nice looking car in my view, and it looks like a step forwards from last year’s car. Hope they have a good year, like @djdaveyp85 I have a soft spot for this team. They remind me of the racers’ spirit more than any other team on the grid. I like that.

6. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 5th March 2012, 19:11

Reminds me of the first Force India, with the gold and white colour scheme.

Gotta say I like it! even if it looks as basic as a cereal box.

7. OG Kush (@ogkush7) said on 5th March 2012, 19:14

I hope they have better luck this year. The livery is nice.

Its interesting that Liuzzi is in the picture while Clos is the test driver.

Maybe since they are stuck with him, they might as well put him to work. They could throw him in for Monza and round up some one off sponsors…

8. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 5th March 2012, 19:15

I have to say that I really like that livery, it’s far better than the previous two iterations.

I’m not sure if it’s a stepped-nose though, because the end of the nose slopes down, rather than it being flat, like the other 2012 cars.

9. SempreGilles (@sempregilles) said on 5th March 2012, 19:25

Very nice livery they got. I only wish they had some more sponsors, it looks so blank now.
    And let’s hope it’s fast (enough) out of the box, so they can qualify in Melbourne and maybe beat Marussia on speed this year.

• JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 5th March 2012, 19:31

It looks blank at the moment, but Brawn GP had it a lot worse, and their car looked beautiful. It does remind me a little of the Brawn, but the success rate will obviously be significantly lower ;)

• Nathhu said on 7th March 2012, 22:35

Brawn success rate sky rocketed only because, Mosley wanted to put on a David vs Goliath show, to give confidence to people applying for 2010 entries that 40M spending underdogs can hope for miracles in F1.
        And so illegal double diffusers were deemed legal.

Mosley simply forgot to mention the small detail about the massive resources Honda Bosses from Japan had sunk in the project and had to pay before they parted ( to keep Regulators, labor departments in UK happy).

Another trivial matter overlooked was the idea was originally of a Super Aguri engineer and was planned to go on Aguri Car before Nick Fry mysteriously pulled plug on the Super Aguri project, in spite of Super Aguri boss lining up sponsor after sponsor to be vetted by Nick on behalf of Honda Bosses.

• S.J.M (@sjm) said on 5th March 2012, 19:33

Yeah, as Ive just realised that it doesnt have the “This is a cool spot” notes placed on it which made the 2011 car look less empty.

10. David B said on 5th March 2012, 19:26

Like a lot the livery.
    But where are the sponsors? Not romantic, I know, but without money HRT has a short life ahead. Hope I’m wrong…

11. David B said on 5th March 2012, 19:28

It seems in Italy we think the same thing at the same time! :-D

12. sam3110 (@sam3110) said on 5th March 2012, 19:28

Ummm, is that a crack in the end of the sidepod?

13. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 5th March 2012, 19:28

I like this car both livery and outward appearances. The design seems similar (in some sense) to most of the other teams. I think the car is definitely going to be a step up from last year. Can Melbourne get here any faster :) !!!

14. barkun (@barkun) said on 5th March 2012, 19:36

nice livery … and decent looking car…. hope they can get some results and a few more sponsors too :)

15. Andy said on 5th March 2012, 19:50

Why would they want such a small bump in the nose? Surely the little advantage they got out of the very slightly higher nose is offset by the bump which disattach the airflow over the nose. Either they should have gone with a complete rise in chassis and flat nose like most team, or bumpless nose, something they need to do next year anyway.

• vjanik said on 6th March 2012, 10:07

airflow under the nose is much more important than the air flowing above it in terms of creating downforce. otherwise why would the smartest engineers in motorsport go with such a concept? what makes you think you understand it better than they do?

1 2 3 4