New HRT F112 seen for the first time in Spain

2012 F1 cars

HRT have launched their 2012 F1 car, the F112, at the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain.

Narain Karthikeyan was at the wheel for the car’s first laps.

HRT did not manage to have the car pass its crash tests in time to be able to participate in pre-season testing, which concluded at the circuit on Sunday.

HRT F112 pictures

Here are the first pictures of the HRT F112:

2012 F1 cars

Browse all 2012 F1 cars articles

Image ?? HRT

106 comments on New HRT F112 seen for the first time in Spain

1. Cyclops_PL (@cyclops_pl) said on 5th March 2012, 20:04

If looks equals speed, then we’re seeing a championship runner-up. Unfortunately it doesn’t, so this in my opinion very pretty car will probably have much tv coverage… while being lapped multiple times. Still, I love it.

2. The Last Pope (@the-last-pope) said on 5th March 2012, 20:06

Looks ok (would have been better with bright red and yellow) but whats with the **** yellow legs???

3. Chris (@mayhem74) said on 5th March 2012, 20:21

say hello to the new car that will be taking out half the field @ turn one in every GP.

4. McLarenFanJamm (@mclarenfanjamm) said on 5th March 2012, 20:26

In short, I’m not keen. But well done to them for getting the car on track. To be fair to them, they’re showing a lot of grit and determination and I applaud them for that. Hopefully all the changes they’ve made behind the scene’s will stand them in good stead for the future. Good luck to them.

5. andrewf1 said on 5th March 2012, 20:44

i love the elegant simplicity of the livery. but what’s with the orange and green splashes on the inside of the rear wing endplates? i can tell it’s from the sponsor ‘KH-7′ as seen on the garage wall, but common…it ruins everything :( i know they lack sponsors, but even so i would scrap that off the car!

6. Cacarella (@cacarella) said on 5th March 2012, 20:46

Whoa! That’s some serious rake they’re running on that car! ;)

7. Martin (@fifan12) said on 5th March 2012, 20:51

Wouldn’t look out of place in the GP2 Series… are we sure this isn’t a GP2 car?

8. Mike (@mike) said on 5th March 2012, 20:58

People are gett rather excited about this car, and I do support HRT strongly, but it is very, very similer to last years, in that most of the chassis is the same.

F112 compared to F111

You can see that there are only minor changes made, the nose is new, however the front win is the same, along with most of the car. The rear wing has be redesigned. That’s good. And the billboard is gone.

Having said that, for HRT to have development on the bodywork at all is a very good sign for the health of the team.

9. Cole Pfeiffer said on 5th March 2012, 21:05

Beautiful car. Reminds me of the Brawn GP, just in red/gold. Absolutely lovely.

I was not looking forward to this reveal, but now the HRT is my favourite car this year. I hope they get sponsors and manage to beat the Marussia again, so they can stay in F1 for a few more years. If they do, I hope they keep this livery.

I’m kind of split… I like Timo Glock and want him to be successful over at Marussia, but this HRT just look damn good. It’s a shame that these smaller teams struggle so much.

For now, though, I just want to see this sexy car on track. Looking forward to Melbourne.

10. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 5th March 2012, 21:08

I really like the new livery. Sauber used to have a reputation for “fun” liveries but with the fairly poor showings of recent years, HRT may have actually inherited their mantle. It’s not cool to like the team but their plucky resilience and determination to stay in the top division of single-seater motorsport despite being years away from even scoring a point has endeared them to me. In fact, they may be my new favourite team. They might not have the most exciting driver line-up and I’m not one to follow the teams over the drivers, but if anyone can make the case for it then for me, it’s HRT all the way.

11. Jarred Walmsley (@jarred-walmsley) said on 5th March 2012, 21:35

This is my favourite livery this year, I really think Hispania are improving year on year, hopefully they can be more consistent and a bit more speed couldn’t hurt either, I really hope they can beat Marussia on merit this year and cement that 11th place.

12. Eduardo Malheiros said on 5th March 2012, 21:43

Damn, last year’s livery was the only good thing about HRT. Really gonna miss it…

13. rpiian (@rpiian) said on 5th March 2012, 21:45

Looks good. Looks kinda like the old Force India.

I dig it.

• rpiian (@rpiian) said on 5th March 2012, 21:52

Also, I must say their livery is pretty clever. The “whitewash” filling of the step valley makes the stepped nose seem not as pronounced as some other cars.

14. F1abw (@f1abw) said on 5th March 2012, 21:51

Its a shame that they couldn’t have got some of those sponsors right on the bottom edge of the sidepod onto the main body of the car, at least they do have some sponsors this year

15. Denis 68 said on 5th March 2012, 21:59

Liuzzi still in the team?. Not a bad idea from HRT as they will need to bring him back into one of their race seats at some stage during the season if they wish to beat Marussia in the constructors Championship again.