2012 F1 cars
Marussia have revealed the first picture of their 2012 F1 car, the MR01.
The team announced on Twitter the car “made its trackside debut at a promotional event this morning”. The car will run today and tomorrow at Silverstone using Pirelli’s demonstration tyres.
Team principal John Booth said: “We are very pleased to be running the new MR01 for the first time this morning.
“It has been a long and frustrating wait for everyone in the team but we can now get back on track ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ literally ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ and start working towards the first race of the season in Australia next weekend.
“Today is the first of two promotional events, so while the drivers will be able to get a feel for the car, they won?óÔé¼Ôäót be able to draw any real conclusions until we start running in anger in Melbourne. Nevertheless, this is an important day for us and we?óÔé¼Ôäóll enjoy every minute on track with the new car.”
The MR01 previously failed one of the FIA’s crash tests and so was unable to participate in pre-season testing. Marussia, who competed as Virgin in 2010 and 2011, described the car as “a significant evolution of its predecessors.”
The design team for the MR01 was led by Marussia’ technical consultant Pat Symonds. The team, which was previously split across three separate sites, have consolidated its operation at a single location in Banbury, named the Marussia Technical Centre.
Marussia MR01 pictures
2012 F1 cars
- New HRT F112 seen for the first time in Spain
- New Marussia MR01 breaks cover at Silverstone
- A closer look at the Caterham CT01
- Mercedes W03 officially revealed in Spain
- Picture: Mercedes W03 spied at Silverstone
- Mercedes W03 spotted testing at Silverstone
- Williams FW34 launch: First pictures of their 2012 F1 car
- Toro Rosso STR7 – first pictures and video of Toro Rosso’s 2012 F1 car
- Red Bull RB8 launch – first pictures and video of Red Bull’s 2012 F1 car
- Sauber C31 launch – first pictures and video of Sauber’s 2012 F1 car
Browse all 2012 F1 cars articles
Image ?é?® Marussia