Caption Competition 9: HRT drivers

Caption Competition

Dani Clos, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Pedro de la Rosa, Narain Karthikeyan, HRT, 2012

Dani Clos, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Pedro de la Rosa, Narain Karthikeyan, HRT, 2012

HRT finally launched their 2012 car this week.

Here are their 2012 drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Narain Karthikeyan with tester Dani Clos and 2011 driver Vitantonio Liuzzi.

What did the four find to laugh about at the launch of the F112?

Come up with the best caption you can think of and post it in the comments.

Remember to look out for a selection of the best in tomorrow’s Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? HRT F1 Team

159 comments on Caption Competition 9: HRT drivers

1. Francis said on 10th March 2012, 19:39

Really you are here as pit crew and part time test driver.

2. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 10th March 2012, 19:43

HRT’s drivers make sure their teeth are as whit and bright as the new car.

3. nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 10th March 2012, 19:52

If we stand here do you think no-one will notice that there’s supposed to be a car here..

4. ShaneB457 (@shaneb12345678910) said on 10th March 2012, 20:08

Clos: So which nursing home did the three of you come from?

5. samuel roslund said on 10th March 2012, 20:20

Are they serious? They really want to try us another year?

6. Butties (@buttiesandpies) said on 10th March 2012, 20:46

………so I said to her ‘No, I used to be a F1 driver, now i’m a plumber’ I’m meeting her tomorrow night.

7. cali-kowalsky said on 10th March 2012, 20:55

Clos,
    Hey Pedro now i understand what all those years driving are good for!!! That’s the best excuse i have ever heard for not performing. I will take note.
    Luizzi,
    come on guys, be smart, and don’t use all the same excuse.

8. Hare (@hare) said on 10th March 2012, 20:59

Luizzi : No, I’m pushing this year.. hahah yeah, no seriously.

9. PaxJes (@paxjes) said on 10th March 2012, 21:01

Liuzzi: Hey, pull my finger

10. Katz, Tim said on 10th March 2012, 21:02

“The car this year. It’s Scarb’s Seat Leon with the bodywork taken off.”

11. il Leone said on 10th March 2012, 21:19

I am only commenting here, my Caption will come up in a bit, I really wanted Alguersuari to be driving for HRT this year, he and Pedro would have been a more successful partnership than Narain and Pedro and I think the only other reason than money to him being there is to due to Jaime rejecting the HRT offer.

12. il Leone said on 10th March 2012, 21:25

LIUZZI I was right up with Petrov and Rosberg fighting for points at Monza yet I am only the tester, why?!
    CLOS, DE LA ROSA & KARTHIKEYAN Because you were right up in the air, about to crash..?

13. Liuzzi shares a laugh with this year’s drivers, secretly wishing he’d bid that extra 20 pence…

14. Liuzzi: Say Pedro, would you happen to have any of your old McLaren overalls? I hate to be in this t-shirt.

15. Thecollaroyboys (@thecollaroyboys) said on 10th March 2012, 22:00

PDR: hey guys, bernie says we can use customer cars. I’ll check out what’s in the Hertz lot at the airport, they’re all customer cars aren’t they.

Narain: I reckon we’ve got this season sorted.

16. Luchingador said on 10th March 2012, 22:05

“hahaha the car sucks”

17. Ben (@) said on 10th March 2012, 22:11

I don’t know which is worse: HRT’s performance or the majority of these captions.

18. Thecollaroyboys (@thecollaroyboys) said on 10th March 2012, 22:30

Dateline Spain: HRT unveil their new range of crash test dummies.

19. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 10th March 2012, 22:37

Another year, another second place in the Championship…

…Formula 1 is scored like Golf…right?

20. rahul1810 (@rahul1810) said on 10th March 2012, 22:41

So we are Hisapnia Racing Team. Erm, who are we racing?