Caption Competition 9: HRT drivers

Caption Competition

Dani Clos, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Pedro de la Rosa, Narain Karthikeyan, HRT, 2012

Dani Clos, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Pedro de la Rosa, Narain Karthikeyan, HRT, 2012

HRT finally launched their 2012 car this week.

Here are their 2012 drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Narain Karthikeyan with tester Dani Clos and 2011 driver Vitantonio Liuzzi.

What did the four find to laugh about at the launch of the F112?

Come up with the best caption you can think of and post it in the comments.

Remember to look out for a selection of the best in tomorrow’s Comment of the Day in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? HRT F1 Team

159 comments on Caption Competition 9: HRT drivers

1. il Leone said on 10th March 2012, 21:19

I am only commenting here, my Caption will come up in a bit, I really wanted Alguersuari to be driving for HRT this year, he and Pedro would have been a more successful partnership than Narain and Pedro and I think the only other reason than money to him being there is to due to Jaime rejecting the HRT offer.

2. il Leone said on 10th March 2012, 21:25

LIUZZI I was right up with Petrov and Rosberg fighting for points at Monza yet I am only the tester, why?!
    CLOS, DE LA ROSA & KARTHIKEYAN Because you were right up in the air, about to crash..?

3. Liuzzi shares a laugh with this year’s drivers, secretly wishing he’d bid that extra 20 pence…

4. Liuzzi: Say Pedro, would you happen to have any of your old McLaren overalls? I hate to be in this t-shirt.

5. Thecollaroyboys (@thecollaroyboys) said on 10th March 2012, 22:00

PDR: hey guys, bernie says we can use customer cars. I’ll check out what’s in the Hertz lot at the airport, they’re all customer cars aren’t they.

Narain: I reckon we’ve got this season sorted.

6. Luchingador said on 10th March 2012, 22:05

“hahaha the car sucks”

7. Ben (@) said on 10th March 2012, 22:11

I don’t know which is worse: HRT’s performance or the majority of these captions.

8. Thecollaroyboys (@thecollaroyboys) said on 10th March 2012, 22:30

Dateline Spain: HRT unveil their new range of crash test dummies.

9. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 10th March 2012, 22:37

Another year, another second place in the Championship…

…Formula 1 is scored like Golf…right?

10. rahul1810 (@rahul1810) said on 10th March 2012, 22:41

So we are Hisapnia Racing Team. Erm, who are we racing?

11. Grammo (@grammo) said on 10th March 2012, 22:43

Vitantaonio: Hey Pedro he looks like Mr Burns
    Mr Burns: Smithers! Tell him he is fired. Get my seat ready
    Smithers: Yes sir Mr Burn. Errr Pedro, excuse me….

12. IceBlue said on 10th March 2012, 22:47

“Who farted?”

13. Butties (@buttiesandpies) said on 10th March 2012, 22:55

……so there i was, knelt in this yellow paint, begging Martin to take me back as reserve driver, and he kept saying ‘sorry Jarno its not gonna happen’. Git thought I was Trulli!

14. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 10th March 2012, 23:31

Racing team by day, boy band by night.

15. schooner (@schooner) said on 10th March 2012, 23:43

Liuzzi : “It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. The car broke down while they were pushing it in here!”