Take the Australian Grand Prix F1 Fanatic Quiz

F1 Fanatic Quiz

2002 Australian Grand Prix start

A dramatic start to the 2002 Australian Grand Prix

With the new F1 season set to begin in Melbourne this weekend, F1 Fanatic has a brand new quiz on the Australian Grand Prix.

See how well you remember the previous races in Australia by answering these 20 questions:

If you’ve not taken one of our quizzes before, have a quick look at this quick guide first:

You can compare your overall score with other F1 Fanatics and take more quizzes here:

If you don’t already have one, you will need to register an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found here:

How did you get on? Share your score in the comments – but remember not to leave clues about the questions!

F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Browse all F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Image ?é?® BMW ag

18 comments on Take the Australian Grand Prix F1 Fanatic Quiz

1. French Steve (@french-steve) said on 13th March 2012, 13:47

There is some difficult questions. But I won’t say more…. :)

2. TheNikii (@thenikii) said on 13th March 2012, 13:58

I would say that pic is from 2002 gp not 2012 :D

3. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 13th March 2012, 16:04

That title picture brings back good memories. The 2002 Australian Grand Prix was the first Grand Prix I ever watched, and I was instantly an addict afterwards. I remember sitting down with dad and he was explaining it all to me, but I couldn’t understand the situation with the Arrows cars! Then I started hoping more cars would fail, crash or spin out (hey, I was eight years old!) so we’d finish with only 6 runners meaning every finisher would score. If I recall correctly (and this is testing my memory!) only 9 cars finished the race. Also, Mark Webber scoring points on his debut was another highlight. I’m not proud of it, but I have to admit that my highlight of the race was the start. I was possibly given the most dramatic introduction to the world of Formula 1 imaginable!

What’s cool is that this coming weekend marks the 10th anniversary of the 2002 Australian Grand Prix, hence 10 years since I became hooked on F1. And tomorrow night (tonight for me, I’m up a bit late!) I’m flying over to Melbourne to watch the race from the inside of turn 1 with a friend. I’m getting massively excited as it is, but the fact it will be mine and F1’s 10th anniversary will mean the weekend should mean something extra special to me.

Oh, now I’d better do the quiz…

• Enigma (@enigma) said on 13th March 2012, 19:08

@damonsmedley Wow, I sort of envy you how clear you remember your first race! I can’t, all I know is that I watched the 2000 German GP, but I don’t think it was the first race I’ve ever seen.

Enjoy the race, may it be as awesome and exciting as it was in 2002, 2008 and 2010!

4. foleyger (@foleyger) said on 13th March 2012, 16:40

happy with 15. tough enough

5. John H (@john-h) said on 13th March 2012, 16:40

As expected, that quiz was tough… I got a big fat 4 and proud!

Treading carefully here, just want to say one of my best/worst memories was getting up in the middle of the night to watch the 1994 race, face pressed up against the screen listening to the quiet sounds, not to wake the folks upstairs. All started well as I sat watching mesmerised at the unfolding events… and then… bang… crunch! After that I felt terrible… partly because I’d eaten 4 Aldi ‘crème caramels’ and partly because of what that bang/crunch meant for the championship. Memories indeed.

6. hey (@hey) said on 13th March 2012, 18:03

Ummm Keith. How do we view the answers after we’ve done the quiz? Or at least see the questions again so we can look them up? I want to see which 2 I got right :)

7. olivier (@olivier) said on 13th March 2012, 19:38

I surely sucked at this quiz: 2 points :(

8. devotee (@devotee) said on 13th March 2012, 23:12

20 out of 20

9. David-A (@david-a) said on 14th March 2012, 5:17

10/20, The timer seemed to be stuck on 5 mins, so I had no idea how long I actually took.

10. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 15th March 2012, 13:38

A thoroughly abysmal 2/20.

That seems to be the score I get all the time. I don’t think I’ve ever got 20 questions right on ALL questions asked on these quizzes combined. I’m awful.