The FIA has confirmed details of the two DRS zones for this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix.
Drivers will be able to use DRS on two consecutive straights during the race, leading into turns one and three.
There will be a single detection point for the two zones on the entry to turn 14.
Jenson Button said: “I think the potential of a second DRS zone will be a real benefit ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ last year, along the startline wasn?óÔé¼Ôäót quite enough for overtaking ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ I think we?óÔé¼Ôäóll get more benefit from a second zone.”
Last year twin DRS zones with a single activation point were used in the Canadian and European Grand Prix.
Two DRS zones were also used last year in Abu Dhabi, but each zone had its own detection point.
2012 Australian Grand Prix
- Tales from a Melbourne marshal
- Button wins first Driver of the Weekend vote of 2012
- Rate the race result: 2012 Australian Grand Prix
- F1 fans’ video highlights from the Australian Grand Prix weekend
- Schumacher keeps Mercedes’ front wing hidden after spin
Browse all 2012 Australian Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® FIA