Kovalainen reveals new Angry Birds helmet design

F1 pictures

Heikki Kovalainen has changed his helmet design on the eve of the 2012 season.

Kovalainen’s new helmet carries the branding of hit mobile game Angry Birds:

See here for a guide to all the other drivers’ helmet designs for 2012:

2012 Australian Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Australian Grand Prix articles

Image ?é?® Caterham/LAT

69 comments on Kovalainen reveals new Angry Birds helmet design

1. Joey-Poey (@joey-poey) said on 15th March 2012, 14:17

As a big angry birds fan, this makes me SO HAPPY :D

2. zimkazimka (@zimkazimka) said on 15th March 2012, 14:41

i imagine commentators will have a field day the moment kova crashes into something.

3. Fisha695 (@fisha695) said on 15th March 2012, 15:25

Am I the only one that doesn’t understand the infatuation with this game? I played the Google Chrome version and it was boring and way to easy to be even considered a fun game IMHO. I like the name on the side of the helmet but get rid of the ugly bird face and then it’ll be a nice lid.

4. Kirill (@) said on 15th March 2012, 15:40

It’s fun, but it looks more like hockey goalkeeper’s helmet. I like his previous design, it was really cool, IMO

5. strunk27 (@strunk27) said on 15th March 2012, 15:45

My girlfriend who shows no interest in formula 1 loved this helmet when I showed her.

It’s a pretty cool one-off helmet. I love the font

6. Pamphlet (@pamphlet) said on 15th March 2012, 16:25

Best helmet design on the grid at the moment. Love it.

7. Hollis Graham (@) said on 15th March 2012, 16:31

This is awesome. I love helmets that contrast with the cars colours.
    Top five: Senna, Massa, Heikki, Fernando and Schumacher (I know it’s just red but with the Merc it looks awesome!)

8. George (@george) said on 15th March 2012, 17:39

Meh, I thought green suited Heikki. The big cartoon eyes make me think of NASCAR :/

9. Fixy (@fixy) said on 15th March 2012, 20:54

This helmet is really good, although I liked his previous helmet which was distinctive of Heikki. This helmet is very distincive as well but has less to do with the driver, which is somewhat a pity. But it’s great!

10. PaulK (@paulk) said on 16th March 2012, 1:16

There’s already lots of posts, but I must let it registered.

Great Helmet. Perfect.

11. Chris Goldsmith said on 16th March 2012, 7:20

Seeing it in action in FP this morning, it looks even better in the car. literally looks like the car is being driven by the red bird, it’s hilarious.