2012 Australian Grand Prix weather
The rain is likely to persist into tomorrow and the may be some thunderstorms in the morning. This races the prospect of the track being wet during the first practice session.
On Saturday conditions should clear up, though there remains the chance of a couple of showers in the morning. However as the final practice session does not start until 2pm local time there is a good chance it will be unaffected.
The first race of the year on Sunday is expected to by dry, with temperatures in the mid-twenties.
As in recent years the race starts at 5pm. With sunset expected at 7:35pm, light levels will be low and visibility diminished towards the end of the race, especially if there is a delay due to a safety car.
Keep an eye on the progress of the rain with these weather radars for Albert Park, Melbourne:
Location of Albert Park, Melbourne
2012 Australian Grand Prix
- Tales from a Melbourne marshal
- Button wins first Driver of the Weekend vote of 2012
- Rate the race result: 2012 Australian Grand Prix
- F1 fans’ video highlights from the Australian Grand Prix weekend
- Schumacher keeps Mercedes’ front wing hidden after spin
Browse all 2012 Australian Grand Prix articles
Image © Bridgestone / Ercole Colombo