Simoncelli was killed in a race at the circuit in October last year.
Fernando Alonso said: “From now on, coming here will never be the same again as it will always make one think of Marco.
“I think the Ferrari family and all Italians who love sport and motorcycling will remember him always. His death was something one could never have expected. We will remember him always and he will always be a hero to us.”
Felipe Massa added: “We wanted to go to Turn 11 to pay a tribute to Marco?óÔé¼Ôäós memory. I think it was the least we could do for him, for his family and for all his fans. I think that all weekend long, we will drive here with thoughts of Marco.”
The Ferrari team displayed the message “Sic: Always with us” on their pit board.
Heikki Kovalainen and was among other drivers who visited the site of Simoncelli’s crash at turn 11.
2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Fans videos from the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Perez voted Driver of the Weekend for Malaysia
- Rate the race result: 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Perez is first Mexican on the podium in over 40 years
- Top ten pictures from the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend
Browse all 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo