Kimi Raikkonen is set to be demoted five places on the grid for the Malaysian Grand Prix.
The Lotus driver has had to have a gearbox change, which will incur a five-place penalty.
Raikkonen’s gearbox overheated during the Australian Grand Prix after he went off the track, though he was able to finish the race.
The team initially believed the gearbox was fit enough to be used again over a race distance. However after inspecting the unit in Malaysia they concluded it was too much of a risk to try to finish another race with the gearbox.
2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Fans videos from the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Perez voted Driver of the Weekend for Malaysia
- Rate the race result: 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Perez is first Mexican on the podium in over 40 years
- Top ten pictures from the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend
Browse all 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® Lotus F1 Team/LAT