Rate the race: 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix

2012 Malaysian Grand Prix

What did you think of the Malaysian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (3%)
  • 7 (9%)
  • 8 (26%)
  • 9 (40%)
  • 10 (19%)

Total Voters: 905

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

210 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix

1. thesternowl (@thesternowl) said on 25th March 2012, 12:08

Sergio Perez drove the wheels off his Sauber-Ferrari. Props to him and his team for a much deserved P2. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the call to replace Massa soon. I like Felipe but his lack of performance is hard to explain, particularly now with Fernando’s win (despite not having the quickest car).

2. Solow1294 said on 25th March 2012, 12:10

I feel so sorry for Grosjean He’s had a lot of bad luck.
    I hope his luck changes next race.

3. il Leone said on 25th March 2012, 12:12

Gutted that Pérez didn’t win! But what a race and what a season we will have (As long as Vettel doesn’t win)

4. DT (@dt) said on 25th March 2012, 12:12

I gave it an 8. didn’t want to go higher because i’m sure there would be more exciting race to come. wow i duff my hat to Perez.. what a drive. He could have won that race easily had the team pitted him a lap earlier. Great drive from Alonzo as well.

What the hell is going in Mclaren’s garade. One race, they say the driver in the lead gets the first pit stop then other races its not… Their pit stops were horrible as well.. and their race pace was clearly not excellent. Shocker!
    Definitely a good race with a few surprises so i’m looking forward to an exciting season

5. Stefanauss (@stefanauss) said on 25th March 2012, 12:12

Honestly, apart from the pecking order reshuffle, i didn’t feel it was that exciting (not that it was boring, of course). Particularly, the only gap which was shriking was ALO-PER, the rest pretty much kept positions and gaps. The race pretty much ended when the switch to the medium tyres was made.
    Nice battles to watch here and there.

6. Eggry (@eggry) said on 25th March 2012, 12:14

10. except what?

7. Slr (@slr) said on 25th March 2012, 12:18

The race deserves a 9, but I really get annoyed with safety cars and red flags due to wet weather, so I give it an 8. So happy for Alonso and Perez, I rarely feel emotional watching sports, but this was special.

8. msoerensen (@msoerensen) said on 25th March 2012, 12:18

Did Vettel ignore his team? It sounded like the engineer told him to retire more than once but Vettel yelled “stay out, stay out”?

9. Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 25th March 2012, 12:19

10 imo, the race was an absolute classic. There’s no judging the result, certainly Perez fighting Alonso at the end would’ve been nice though.

• HardcoreTiffosa said on 25th March 2012, 16:23

I was hoping for a neck-to-neck battle. Perez was faster but FA is a great defender. But without Perez’s mistake we probably would have seen an easy-does-it DRS pass, it is ruining the fun.

10. pH (@ph) said on 25th March 2012, 12:19

I would have rooted for Perez even if my favourite driver was running first at that moment. A pity he lost it for a split second, after that the only hope was some gremlin in Alonso’s Ferrari.

The “Giantslayer of the Day” title surely goes to Kartikheiyan. I wonder whether he’s got a weapons permit for that HRT of his.

11. Abuelo Paul (@abuello-paul) said on 25th March 2012, 12:19

!0 for me. Not particular for the Alonso win, or the great drive by Perez. More because, help me out statistic nerds, when was the last time there were 9 teams represented in the top ten, and only Force India had both cars there. Brilliant use of tactics and mis-use of pit-stops. McL need to look at pits, 2 fumbles for the Ham. Good to see some middle teams getting in the mix. Loved it. Worth the wait.

12. Paul said on 25th March 2012, 12:20

I am not a great believer in conspiracies, but the Sauber-Ferrari engineer message to Checo might as well have been “Fernando must be faster than you”

13. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 25th March 2012, 12:20

10 – A hectic race, with battles up and down the field and great racing all round. Checo should have won it, but it was still a great feel good result which F1 needs right now.

The red flag was the right call for me as the rain was so heavy. You saw several cars fly off the road and it was correct to try and keep as many cars on the road as possible. Sure, the Safety Car was out for a bit too long, but we didn’t have the ridiculous wait we had in Canada. If we see a better race than this this year I will be very pleasantly surprised.

14. Abuelo Paul (@abuello-paul) said on 25th March 2012, 12:25

10.
    When was last time there were 9 teams represented in the top ten, and the only team to have both cars there was Force India. That for me made it racing. McL need to look into why the Ham had 2 pitstop fumbles, and why JB couldn’t see the HRT. Grosjain, too anxious. Rest: good racing with very interesting and varied strategies made for an entertaining race, eventually.