2012 Chinese Grand Prix practice in pictures

F1 pictures

Giedo van der Garde made his first appearance in an F1 race weekend during practice for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Here are pictures of Caterham’s new reserve driver in action plus more photographs from the first two practice sessions at the Shanghai International Circuit.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus F1 Team/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India/Sutton, Sauber F1 Team, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, HRT, Pirelli

18 comments on 2012 Chinese Grand Prix practice in pictures

1. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 13th April 2012, 13:09

Pictures of cars pulling into the pit lane always look great here. The main straight spectator stand is enormous!

2. Girts (@girts) said on 13th April 2012, 13:41

Totally biased choice of pictures, 5 photos of Hamilton and just one of Karthikeyan.

• KeeleyObsessed (@keeleyobsessed) said on 13th April 2012, 15:06

@girts There’s none of Marussia at all! :P

• Girts (@girts) said on 13th April 2012, 15:14

@keeleyobsessed What a huge scandal! I didn’t notice that as I was too busy trying to find some nice images of my current* favourite Narain.

* I added NK to the list of my favourite drivers after his incident with Vettel at Sepang. I think I’ll have to remove him again this Sunday.

• CarnivorousPope (@) said on 13th April 2012, 16:09

Apart from the fact that there is. Sure.

• Steve said on 13th April 2012, 21:21

Love how you point out that there’s 5 Hamilton photos, yet you fail to note how there’s in fact 8 photos of Scumacher.

• Quality of the comments at this site are now just complaining 14yr olds with internet connections. Where did the F1 fans go?

• Steve said on 14th April 2012, 12:10

Yeah exactly my point. Why that guy is complaining about the amount of Hamilton photos I dont know. Love the way people always jump to the ‘British Bias’ thing everytime Hamilton is mentioned.

• John H (@john-h) said on 13th April 2012, 21:54

5 photos of Hamilton…

Try reading the comments from the last two GP. It’s full of people saying how there are no McLaren photos!

• John H (@john-h) said on 13th April 2012, 21:55

Ah, perhaps I missed the sarcasm :) … or did I?

• Girts (@girts) said on 14th April 2012, 13:37

@john-h , Steve, Don

Sorry guys, that was just a humble attempt at being ironic. I’m a big fan of this site and I know that people sometimes accuse @KeithCollantine of not being objective enough. I personally haven’t found a website that’s more impartial than F1F so this was just a parody.

Besides, comparing me with 14-year old teens is a serious insult. To the 14-year old teens.

• John H (@john-h) said on 14th April 2012, 15:10

@girts you are a disgrace! Keith is clearly biased against HRT ;)

Should have realised – I guess the potential for such comments to be irony-free is perhaps lower than it used to be. I know you’re a long time fanatic of course.

3. lubhz (@lubhz) said on 13th April 2012, 22:16

So Sauber lost Claro’s big logo on the engine cover, but what is ‘out of the blue’?