2012 Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying in pictures

F1 pictures

Pictures from the final practice session and qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus F1 Team/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India/Sutton, Sauber F1 Team, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, HRT, Pirelli

8 comments on 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying in pictures

1. BluNt (@blunt) said on 21st April 2012, 15:55

i realy do enjoy the background scenery at the track, some of these pics show it off well

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 22nd April 2012, 6:17

@blunt – I admit, I like it too. A lot of people dislike Bahrain because they think a circuit in the middle of the desert is boring, but I disagree. I admit that I don’t have much of an eye for photography, but I like the way the muted background colours make the cars look bolder and brighter, and they produce some very dramatic shots – like this one, and this one – even if it is a little boring to look at on television. I’d still much rather look at the desert than something like the colour-changing hotel at Yas Island, which looks like some pulsating alien organ.

2. Oliww said on 21st April 2012, 16:13

Nice to see some pics of the Force India considering they were unviewed from all televised screening today!

3. GuiLLermo K. (@guillek68) said on 21st April 2012, 17:31

Great! where is Ferrari?… in box?

4. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 21st April 2012, 19:30

Six times as many shots of Force India as there were on TV – and that’s only because Webber was going past Di Resta in Q3.

5. George (@george) said on 21st April 2012, 20:35

Haha, Webber looks like he’s posing for an advert in that top three picture. Love this one too http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/redb-vett-bahr-2012-1.jpg

6. Fixy (@fixy) said on 21st April 2012, 22:22