Rate the race: 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix

What did you think of the Bahrain Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (8%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (2%)
  • 5 (4%)
  • 6 (10%)
  • 7 (24%)
  • 8 (27%)
  • 9 (14%)
  • 10 (8%)

Total Voters: 699

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

267 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix

1. Pelican (@pelican) said on 22nd April 2012, 18:42

No vote. The race brought the attention of the world onto the clueless, outdated, and repressive leadership of both Bahrain and F1, so some unlikely good may yet come of this mess.

2. Hotbottoms (@hotbottoms) said on 22nd April 2012, 18:51

I think it’s a bit hypocritical to object F1 racing in Bahrain. No one outside Bahrain really cared or knew about the protests until this GP.

First half of the race was exciting, but the last 14 laps were boring. I’ll give it 8/10.

3. ME4ME (@me4me) said on 22nd April 2012, 19:23

Rated the race a 7. I think it was quite enjoyable thanks to the Raikkonen-Vettel battle.

4. The Last Pope (@the-last-pope) said on 22nd April 2012, 19:41

I can only watch the BBC highlights. Is it just me or did the highlights make it seem like a very boring race? I voted 5 and was quite shocked when I saw how much higher the average vote is. I’m usually right on the average.

5. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 22nd April 2012, 19:41

6. The race itself was okay, nothing too special, but with good racing throughout. Pleased for Lotus and particularly Grosjean getting his break.

But the events surrounding the weekend, from the protests, the violent suppression, the protestor tragically killed yesterday, the trouble experienced by Force India and Sauber, the blackout of Force India, the propaganda act from the regime, and the announcement of widespread arrests of protestors and journalists today. A very bad taste has been left in my mouth which has overshadowed the grand prix.

Everybody in F1 needs to take a long, hard look at itself between now and Spain, and heads should probably roll. Preferably Bernie’s and Jean Todt’s.

6. james2488 (@james2488) said on 22nd April 2012, 20:19

The race was actually a decent race, there was enough going on throughout for decent viewing and for that i rated it highly, however this doesnt cover up the fact that it shouldnt of happened in the first place and that bernie only cares about how much money he can make, if f1 is to restore its image, by for one stop thinking about money and start focusing on racing then this event can be seen as the last in the line of greedy decision made by the management, if not im sorry to say but as forever with this sport it will be seen as a party for the rich, and the drivers would are actually decent people will be seen as the same greedy indviduals my opinion is its time bernie left and made way for some1 with morals

7. montreal95 (@montreal95) said on 22nd April 2012, 20:21

Gave the race an 8 as it was very good racing.

Probably this race should never have happened though. But I’m with those who think that anyone who couldn’t enjoy the race because of the political situation shouldn’t have taken the example of those who didn’t watch at all and abstained from the poll. Only my opinion and I respect those who think differently.

8. Cryptowillem (@cryptowillem) said on 22nd April 2012, 20:21

Great race, overall. Battles at the front, in the middle, and even at the back had everyone on their toes. Considering Vettel was so short on fuel, I wonder if Kimi could have caught him if that had just one more lap! Oh well. Next time, Kimi! 8/10

9. Nickpkr said on 22nd April 2012, 20:34

9 for me.

Too bad all Baraihn protester thing will be forgotten tomorrow,
    Wonder if bashing F1 will do any changes there, furthermore even the f1 fans choose not watching the rest of the season doubt will have any impact, we are just F1 fans talk what you know.

10. Dringdring (@dringdring) said on 22nd April 2012, 20:40

A weekend of mixed emotions for me given the political situation.
    In the end however, I’m glad they did race. 8/10.
    Absoloutly loving f1 as ever and awareness of the Bahrainian peoples plight has touched me. win/win

11. Bernard (@bernard) said on 22nd April 2012, 20:40

Racing in Bahrain is and always has been ‘Terrible’. It will take a lot more than DRS, KERS and tyre degradation to change that.

12. zoom said on 22nd April 2012, 20:47

Poor quality race. Schumacher is right.

It is inexcusable to have a set of tires to last maximum 15 laps (soft) and 20 (medium) with performance degrading so drastically. Many drivers were just trying to save tires and not truly racing. We do not watch F1 to admire tire management more than drivers or cars.

13. Arhn (@arhn) said on 22nd April 2012, 21:01

Bahrain should be erase from the F1 calendar (as well as Valenciana by the way) : apart from the political controversy we had this week (protesters, F1.com being hacked etc), the track managed to transform one of the most interesting season we ever had into a half-boring/half-exciting race. The first part of the race was quite interesting, but after the first pitstops, there was nothing to watch anymore. Raikkonen got stuck 3 seconds behind Vettel, Grosjean 7-8s behind Raikkonen (let’s not even talk about Mark Webber…). The only interesting thing I can remember is Rosberg pushing Alonso offtrack…
    That’s too bad because with Lotus and Red Bull making big improvements, we had everything to get an action-packed race. This track sucks.

14. Jassim said on 22nd April 2012, 21:33

It was a very good race , especially the challenge between Vettel and Kimi , wonderful track and organize, although that some people tried to fail that race but alot went to the circuit and it seems they got a very wonderful enjoying time , for me I will go for 8.5 out of 10.

Nice race and looking to see it there again.

15. wigster (@wigster) said on 22nd April 2012, 22:05

Putting the off track stuff surrounding the race to one side I rated the race as 6/10.

I think the race overall was perhaps what a typical F1 2012 race will be like. The cars from the top 4 teams all seam to be evenly matched and close on pace depending on circuit, conditions, driver preference etc. The racing seems to be close without producing lots of on track changes of position aside from those caused by tyre issues.

That said it was interesting to see Paul Di Resta make his strategy work and the Mclarens and Mercedes relatively struggling.

However hard I try to still enjoy races only live on sky in the uk, I feel as if not watching them live is affecting my enjoyment and entertainment, and therefore how highly I’m rating the races. Listening on the radio and live timing just isn’t the same as watching live, and during the highlights show I tend to be thinking of what bits are missing rather then just enjoying the race.