Schumacher will receive a five-place penalty for changing the unit, as drivers are required to use the same gearbox for five consecutive races.
He will share row 11 of the grid with Pastor Maldonado, who also has a gearbox change penalty.
Meanwhile Jean-Eric Vergne will not receive a penalty for missing the weighbridge during yesterday’s qualifying session after the stewards chose to issue a reprimand.
See the updated Bahrain Grand Prix grid.
2012 Bahrain Grand Prix
- Vettel “never wasted a thought” on Ferrari protest
- F1 fans’ videos from the Chinese and Bahrain races
- Raikkonen voted Bahrain GP Driver of the Weekend
- Rate the race result: 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix
- Mugello test crucial for Ferrari’s championship chances
Browse all 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei