2012 F1 testing
Rodolfo Gonzalez will drive for Caterham in the three-day test at Mugello next week, the team has confirmed.
Gonzalez, who races for Caterham’s GP2 team, previously tested for the team in 2010 and 2011 when it was known at Lotus.
The Venezuelan driver will drive the CT01 on the first day of the test.
Regular race drivers Vitaly Petrov and Heikki Kovalainen will take over on the following days.
“I am very excited about getting back into an F1 car at the Mugello test, and want to thank Caterham F1 Team for this opportunity,” said Gonzalez.
“It will be my third time in an F1 car with this team and it will be another good chance for me to further my experience at the top level of global motorsport.”
Gonzalez has raced in GP2 since 2009 and has scored a total of four points.
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Alastair Staley/GP2
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others