Over 100 different F1 cars in the updated picture archive

F1 pictures

Williams-Honda FW09, 1984The F1 Fanatic car image archive has had a major update and now features pictures of 114 different cars from 30 different teams.

The archive now includes:

You can find the archive via the Pictures menu option. Here are the 30 teams featured so far:

This area of the site is still being expanded so if your favourite car isn’t there yet, don’t worry!

If you have a picture of an F1 car you’d like to contribute to the archive, please get in touch via the contact form or, if your picture is hosted on Flickr, via the F1 Fanatic Flickr account.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Image ?? Honda

32 comments on Over 100 different F1 cars in the updated picture archive

1. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 10th May 2012, 18:51

The Chamber of Wallpapers!

2. ops30 said on 10th May 2012, 19:17

Spectacular work Keith! Thank you!!!

3. xeroxpt (@) said on 10th May 2012, 19:39

Having good wallpapers is the best way to grab new users.

4. Spectacular indeed!! much thanks Keith

5. Glyn (@clerkofthecourse) said on 10th May 2012, 19:56

I’m surprised you didn’t prioritise Andrea Moda or Life… ;)

6. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 10th May 2012, 20:21

Why wasn’t the MP4/18 never raced? I started following from 2007 onwards so don’t really know.

• Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 10th May 2012, 21:20

@mahavirshah It failed a couple of crash tests and wasn’t competitive enough. The MP4/17D was doing very well that year fighting for the championship and the MP4/18 was “too radical” and “too difficult”, so it never got to race…

• MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 11th May 2012, 9:43

@fer-no65 Ahh ! Thanks so much. It must the be the only modern generation car to not race I guess, with the Lola being prior to that. However, now that I think would the Toyota that Stefan planned to use and Pirelli used later count as well?

• Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 11th May 2012, 13:35

@mahavirshah guess so! The Lola didn’t race but at least they put it on track during a GP weekend.

Though the Toyota Stefan planned to use isn’t the one Pirelli used. Pirelli used the TF109 from 2009. Stefan planned to use the TF110 developed for the 2010 season by Toyota.

7. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 10th May 2012, 20:34

Every F1 car from the last five seasons

But where’s Brawn? Please don’t miss it in your new update

8. toiago (@toiago) said on 10th May 2012, 20:53

There is this McLaren car, the MP4-20, from the 2005 season… I noticed there isn’t any gallery with pictures of it. Where could I get some with decent quality?

9. MEmo said on 10th May 2012, 21:24

No BrawnGP? They ruled!

10. MagillaGorilla (@magillagorilla) said on 10th May 2012, 22:43

Keith you are the best, I remember sending you a message about this last year wondering where I could find more. Now to see that you’ve gone to this much work! Just wow! You’re amazing, good work sir.

11. Wesley (@wesley) said on 10th May 2012, 22:46

Thanks Keith!I loooove pics!

12. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 10th May 2012, 23:09

I’m in the mood for a new phone wallpaper. I’m in a Brawn GP mood.

13. Drvoo (@drvoo) said on 10th May 2012, 23:44

I would recommend March and Shadow as interesting additions to the gallery.
    Thanks for the nice project.

14. Mike the bike Schumacher (@mike-the-bike-schumacher) said on 11th May 2012, 1:53

No, Jordan 191?, no Ligier’s?, older Tyrells? Dan Gurney’s Eagle? i’m sure these will be in the updates tho?

15. David-A (@david-a) said on 11th May 2012, 2:36