Over 100 different F1 cars in the updated picture archive

F1 pictures

Williams-Honda FW09, 1984The F1 Fanatic car image archive has had a major update and now features pictures of 114 different cars from 30 different teams.

The archive now includes:

You can find the archive via the Pictures menu option. Here are the 30 teams featured so far:

This area of the site is still being expanded so if your favourite car isn’t there yet, don’t worry!

If you have a picture of an F1 car you’d like to contribute to the archive, please get in touch via the contact form or, if your picture is hosted on Flickr, via the F1 Fanatic Flickr account.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Image ?é?® Honda

32 comments on Over 100 different F1 cars in the updated picture archive

1. Journeyer (@journeyer) said on 11th May 2012, 2:56

HEAVEN!

But I agree with Mike’s comments – would love to see some yellow Jordans too. :)

2. DVC (@dvc) said on 11th May 2012, 5:17

Look at the FW09; it’s got a stepped nose!

3. Great job Keith. Fantastic and happy to see more!

4. Chalky (@chalky) said on 11th May 2012, 8:30

This is fantastic. I also love the fact that most pictures in your articles can be clicked on and enlarged. Some old F1 cars are really works of art and being able to view these images is worth the daily site visit on its own.

5. DK (@seijakessen) said on 11th May 2012, 15:38

@keithcollantine Why do teams remove the tobacco sponsor logos off of cars. I was looking at the Williams FW16 pictures of Damon Hill’s car at Goodwood, and the Rothmans logos are gone. Same with the Camel logos on the WDC winners for 1992 and 1993.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 11th May 2012, 20:53

@seijakessen To take McLaren as an example, they have their cars on display in their factory. As they often have school parties and such visiting they don’t consider it appropriate to retain the cigarette and alcohol branding on their cars. How times change, eh?

There’s other considerations as well – in some regions, for example, media can’t print pictures of cars with tobacco branding.

• DK (@seijakessen) said on 11th May 2012, 21:14

@keithcollantine That’s depressing…but definitely a sign of the times.

I guess for better, or for worse, I identify so many of the cars of the past with whomever the tobacco sponsor was for the team at the time. In the case of McLaren and Lotus, it’s impossible for me to think of those cars without the Marlboro and the John Player Special logos .

Here in the US when they were advertising for the IndyCar Grand Prix of Long Beach, the commercial on TV showed clips of the Marlboro branded cars…my jaw dropped slightly because I never expected to see those liveries on a TV commerical.

6. I will immediately seize your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service.

Do you have any? Please allow me recognise in order that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks.