2012 Spanish Grand Prix weather
A warm, sunny day is expected for Friday practice with temperatures reaching around 25C. it will stay dry for qualifying on Saturday, with perhaps a little cloud cover, and temperatures rising another 2C.
The forecasters are becoming increasingly confident that it will rain on Sunday, but the crucial question is whether it will fall in time for the race start at 2pm local time. Increased cloud cover will reduce temperatures into the low 20C region.
It’s been 16 years since the last wet Spanish Grand Prix, when Michael Schumacher scored his first of many wins for Ferrari.
Keep an eye on the weather radars and precipitation forecasts below to find out whether the weather will take a turn for the worse this weekend:
Circuit de Catalunya location
The Circuit de Catalunya is in Montmelo, just outside Barcelona in the north-east of Spain:
2012 Spanish Grand Prix
- Maldonado voted Spanish GP Driver of the Weekend
- Spanish Grand Prix gets highest rating for five years
- F1 fans’ videos from the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix
- Force India expect more from Barcelona upgrade
- Top ten pictures from the Spanish Grand Prix