2012 Spanish Grand Prix practice in pictures

F1 pictures

Pictures from today’s practice sessions for the Spanish Grand Prix.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?é?® Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus F1 Team/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India/Sutton, Sauber F1 Team, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, HRT, Pirelli

10 comments on 2012 Spanish Grand Prix practice in pictures

1. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 11th May 2012, 19:02

The McLaren does definitely look better with the higher nose, in my opinion.

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 11th May 2012, 19:07

I must be one of the few people who don’t like it. I don’t like the way it starts to sweep down but then levels out, giving it a funny uplift. I also don’t like how thin the front of the nose is now- it makes the whole bulkhead profile look weird.

I do really like HRT’s updated livery though.

• Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 11th May 2012, 19:08

I don’t like it. It’s a fat nose and gets very thin at the end…

The other one was a lot more “balanced” in terms of looks, though this one is still better looking and the stepped noses!.

• xbx-117 (@xbx-117) said on 12th May 2012, 1:26

Yeah, I don’t like how it gets so thin at the end either. Its not horrible, especially in comparison to the other noses out there, but it looked a lot better before.

2. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 11th May 2012, 19:35

I do like the back of Petrov’s helmet. Haven’t noticed that design before, is it new?

3. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 12th May 2012, 0:24

I see HRT have found a way of making a classy livery look goofy. The giant numbers might be better than “This Could Be YOU!”, but that doesn’t automatically make them good.

Still, it should be pretty easy for everyone to see which HRT driver is involved in an incident now.

4. Pamphlet (@pamphlet) said on 12th May 2012, 2:46

I can’t get enough of how beautiful the Ferrari is…without the nose.