Rate the race: 2012 Spanish Grand Prix

2012 Spanish Grand Prix

Pastor Maldonado, Williams, Barcelona, 2012What did you think of the Spanish Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (3%)
  • 7 (13%)
  • 8 (33%)
  • 9 (33%)
  • 10 (15%)

Total Voters: 774

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 Spanish Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Spanish Grand Prix articles

219 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Spanish Grand Prix

1. bearforce1 (@bearforce1) said on 13th May 2012, 14:53

A big 10 for me. Yay Williams. I love this year everyone gets a win. It’s like T ball.

2. Slr (@slr) said on 13th May 2012, 14:54

Great action all around the field, and an amazing result. 8/10

3. Euro Brun (@eurobrun) said on 13th May 2012, 14:56

9 – so tense! In any other season this would have been one of the best races, in this season, just another race! Brilliant.
    Best Spanish GP since 1991

4. Girts (@girts) said on 13th May 2012, 14:56

10. Crazy and unpredictable, just like the whole season. I’ve massively failed in my predictions once again and I’m loving it.

5. dragoll (@dragoll) said on 13th May 2012, 14:56

I might be an old cynic, but I’m not happy with the direction of where F1 is heading. The cars in the field are only separated by the tyres. It seems irrelevant who has the fastest engine, or the best aero kit, or the best strategy, it ultimately comes down to who can keep the tyres together for the longest…

• Maksutov (@maksutov) said on 13th May 2012, 15:12

@dragoll

and that is exactly what Schumacher’s argument is regarding tyres, but not everyone agrees.

• James_mc (@james_mc) said on 13th May 2012, 15:12

I do agree to an extent. I like that they do degrade, but it shouldn’t be such a tight margin

• Lachie (@lachie) said on 13th May 2012, 16:02

Surely the engine, the aero, the strategy and most importantly, the driver’s skill all play into the longevity of the tyres. I’m not getting my hopes up but this season has the potential to be the greatest in living memory. Bring it on I say.

• Mister Nillionaire (@mister-nillionaire) said on 13th May 2012, 16:18

I’d much rather this, than watch Vettel effortlessly win every race.

• Gill Parry (@welshwitch) said on 13th May 2012, 20:58

It saddens me that the cars will now be designed around the tyres and that the drivers will have to spend more of their time managing them instead of being able to race. Motorsport should be about aerodynamics, engine power and driver ability, I watched the GP2 race on Saturday and loved the pureness of it, the raw talent of some of the young drivers. I have enjoyed this season so far but feel having to prioritise managing tyre degradation is a castration of the drivers.

6. craig-o (@craig-o) said on 13th May 2012, 14:56

Definitely one of the best races throughout… 9 from me

7. George (@george) said on 13th May 2012, 14:56

Second ever 10/10 from me, exciting race from start to finish, really had my heart pumping!

8. James Robertson (@mclarenboy0310) said on 13th May 2012, 14:56

Great result for Maldonado and Williams! Would have been even better for me if hamiltons tyres held on to hold off vettel but still it was a great drive from Hamilton Williams and awesome to see Alonso not on the top spot of the his home race.

9. Osvaldas31 (@osvaldas31) said on 13th May 2012, 14:58

Definetely the best race this year!

10. sumedh said on 13th May 2012, 15:01

Not too much passing. Very tense, but a new winner. 9 for me..

11. brny666 said on 13th May 2012, 15:02

8 for me. Great race, very happy for Pastor but I wish Lotus sorted out their strategy. I could tell before Kimi’s last stop that it was about 3 laps to late. Should have pitted him the lap after Pastor caught him than he could have won. also putting them on softs for second stint when it was clear that hard was faster was plain stupid. Lotus strategists utterly useless. Nonetheless great race!

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 13th May 2012, 15:14

talking about strategy, I would say Lotus did not win much from theirs, but McLaren only got Button dropping back after his good start, and it was not great for Hamilton either.

• bosyber (@bosyber) said on 13th May 2012, 15:34

I guess with Hamilton they had little choice, wouldn’t you agree @bascb? W/o fresh tyres or grid position than a 2 stopper. Button’s strategy seemed to be leading to disappointment from early on, but maybe it was also just him not seeming to be confident in the car (a bit like HAM seemed not to have it entirely under control in AUS?). The HAM tyre bump was sad.

Lotus do indeed need to look at what they do, and it sounded like Kimi will be telling them that softly, but insistently. Too many misses, I am sure they feel they could have won two, maybe three, races this season had they done things a bit different. Kimi for a win in Monaco, fighting Mark and Lewis to fend of Pastor to get their first win of the season?

12. fractal (@fractal) said on 13th May 2012, 15:04

OMG <3 f1!!!!!

13. Hydro (@hydrouk) said on 13th May 2012, 15:05

Amazing from Maldonado, really amazing. I’m also extremely impressed with Hamilton coming from the back and managing his tyres. I had a friend tell me the other day that Hamilton can’t really manage his tyres, I look forward to talking to him later today.

14. Asif (@) said on 13th May 2012, 15:07

Fun race! Happy for Pastor and Williams. Pastor showed great maturity and really managed that situation well.

15. tkcom (@tkcom) said on 13th May 2012, 15:07

10/10 – Who said Spain is boring? No rain? No problem! Epic drive my Maldonado and great overtakes everywhere in the field. Koba also back to his BANZAI self.