Rate the race: 2012 Spanish Grand Prix

2012 Spanish Grand Prix

Pastor Maldonado, Williams, Barcelona, 2012What did you think of the Spanish Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (3%)
  • 7 (13%)
  • 8 (33%)
  • 9 (33%)
  • 10 (15%)

Total Voters: 774

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 Spanish Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Spanish Grand Prix articles

219 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Spanish Grand Prix

1 4 5 6
  1. Alfred (@afya) said on 13th May 2012, 20:39

I vote 8.
    Like the williams win & another winning team, but the race is quite boring. I in fact felt asleep waking up early to watch the race.

2. nick (@mugotea) said on 13th May 2012, 21:12

Enjoyed the race. Lots going on all across the field with little incidents. Well done Williams/Maldonado … I wonder what Rubens is thinking right now?

3. Kamui Fan (@kamui-fan) said on 13th May 2012, 21:34

The race was intense from start to finish.Brilliant spectacle 9/10 from me. Really good to see Williams win again, especially after a tough 2011.

Pastor was amazing and fully deserved the win. Undoubtedly driver of the day and shows the world that he is more than a pay driver.

Other good performers were Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton and Kamui. Cannot wait for Monaco!!!

4. sato113 (@sato113) said on 13th May 2012, 21:36

8/10. a classic GP

5. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 13th May 2012, 22:22

A 9 from me. After qualifying this had all the hallmarks of a classic; a scattered grid, unexpected surprises, the pole sitter being sent to the back and as a result a new driver in P1. Kobayashi showed some flashes of his 2010 brilliance and I was impressed to see him still hounding Rosberg right to the end. Hamilton made for some major damage limitation which he can be proud of.

In essence, I think we saw the best of many drivers today, which always helps!

6. cjpdk (@cjpdk) said on 13th May 2012, 22:31

A remarkable race, and a fantastic sign of things to come for 2011. 8/10

7. KeeleyObsessed (@keeleyobsessed) said on 13th May 2012, 23:18

8. I have seen better races, but there’s a lot of worse races out there. We got people fighting through the field (Hamilton), tyre wear games (Maldonado/Alonso) and a tense finish in the top 3..

The main reasons I couldn’t award it more was Schumacher’s moaning (again, I’m starting to dislike him..) and for all the hype and tenseness over the last few laps, we were kinda robbed (much like the situation in Monaco ’11)..

Congratulations to Pastor and Williams.. It’s about time they took steps towards making a comeback..
    I’m really hoping Raikkonen or Grosjean can make it 6 teams winning races next time out!

8. plushpile (@plushpile) said on 14th May 2012, 2:33

Racing like this is what made Turkey 2010 so great – there’s no need for overtaking, just the constant threat of overtaking is better for edge of the seat racing.

Stoked to see Williams back on top.

9. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 14th May 2012, 3:34

I’m going to give it ten. Not only was the race, exciting, but just about everyone had something to do at some stage during the race – Maldonado had to hold off Alonso, Raikkonen had to try and make a risky strategy work, Vettel had to overcome a drive-through and an unscheduled stop to reel in Rosberg, Hamilton had to work his way through the field, and Kobayashi was Kobayashi (instead of the Nobayashi we’ve seen of late).

10. disjunto (@disjunto) said on 14th May 2012, 11:36

7/10 from me. Although we had a fight for the win through the entire race and a surprise winner, it was made very clear early on that positions were very unlikely to change anywhere other than DRS zone which made most of the lap not worth watching, especially when Alonso was gaining about 6 tenths every lap using DRS and then losing it all again by T4.

There were a few good overtakes in the race outside of DRS (Hamilton’s double overtake on STR drivers stands out) but most of these seemed to be down to either massive difference in tyre wear or failing body parts (good job Red Bull)

11. naren2900 (@naren2900) said on 14th May 2012, 13:05

10 because Willam’s win is good for F1 and Ferrari’s resurgence is great for F1…:)

12. DaveF1 (@davef1) said on 14th May 2012, 14:30

9 for me, possibly the best Spanish grand prix ever :P
    Had everything; drama, overtakes, controversy, a new winner and perhaps some of the best racing I’ve seen from the likes of Maldonado, Alonso, Raikkonen, Kobayashi and Hamilton.
    My only gripe was some of the DRS overtakes were too easy but it was great to see drivers using other places apart from turn 1 to overtake which in itself is a rarity at Barcelona.
    I’m still overwhelmed 24hours after the race, here’s to hoping that the remaining 15 races of 2012 are as epic as the first 5.

13. PJA (@pja) said on 14th May 2012, 19:27

For me the race was a 7.5 rounded up to an 8.

I am really glad that Williams have won it has been too long, hopefully they this wasn’t a one off performance and we see some more good results for Williams from now on.

14. Hallard (@hallard) said on 14th May 2012, 21:45

I gave it an 8. A pretty exceptional race, with much more overtaking and wheel-to-wheel dicing than Catalunya typically allows, and some real (if pitlane-centric) battling for the lead throughout.

I would have given it a 9, but the excessive (to my mind at least) penalty for Hamilton after such a sublime qualifying left a bad taste in my mouth. Even though the rule book allowed for such a disqualification, it still seems like the stewards went with the most draconian interpretation of the prescribed penalty.

15. wigster (@wigster) said on 14th May 2012, 22:02

I gave the race 9/10.
    The battle between Maldanado and Alonso was tense and intriguing all the way through the race, and watching Hamilton fight his way through the pack being the only one on a 2 stop strategy and making it work was good too.

I think it had been Vettel or a another top car battling with Alonso I may have only given it an 8, but the added tension of having something of an unknown quantity at the front in the williams pushed it up to a 9 for me. It definitely wasn’t a 10 for me as I would have liked to see Hamilton / Raikonen battling at the front and I thought some of the DRSing down the main straight was also a bit too much. e.g. Vettel passing Hamilton.

1 4 5 6