Take the Renault F1 Fanatic Quiz

F1 Fanatic Quiz

Fernando Alonso, Renault, Interlagos, 2006The Renault team marked its 300th and final race at the end of last season.

They remain active in F1 as an engine supplier, in which capacity they have enjoyed huge success in recent years with Red Bull.

The team introduced turbo engines into F1 in the seventies and Fernando Alonso won the drivers’ championship with them twice during the last decade. They amassed 100 podium finishes and 35 Grand Prix wins.

How much do you know about Renault’s F1 team? It’s time to put your knowledge to the test.

If you’ve not taken one of our quizzes before, have a quick look at this quick guide first:

You can compare your overall score with other F1 Fanatics and take more quizzes here:

If you don’t already have one, you will need to register an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found here:

How did you get on? Share your score in the comments – but remember not to leave clues about the questions!

F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Browse all F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Image ?é?® Renault/LAT

12 comments on Take the Renault F1 Fanatic Quiz

1. Enigma (@enigma) said on 16th May 2012, 14:33

Ah, clicked submit with 3 seconds to spare and it took too long. Says I ran out of time…

2. AdrianMorse (@adrianmorse) said on 16th May 2012, 14:39

Rather chuffed with 11, the second-best score at this very early moment, given that my previous quiz results tended towards the poor.

3. BasCB (@bascb) said on 16th May 2012, 14:42

I did a bit better than @enigma did then, a grand total of 3 points. After that success, I decided to do the Spanish GP quiz as well, that even brought me 4 points, although I think I would have answered the last question right, if I had had enough time to enter an answer (spend far to much time with the answers about GPs longer ago!).

But I guess the fun is in doing the quizzes and learning what I forgot about the sport’s history rather than scoring bigtime. I might still read up on the subjects though to try and get a bit more points next time.

4. Slr (@slr) said on 16th May 2012, 17:22

That was a lot harder than I anticipated. 9/20

5. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 16th May 2012, 18:44

12/20, that was hard!

6. Minardi (@gitanes) said on 17th May 2012, 3:55

Happy with 14, but man would it be nice to actually get that timer to work. I have 3 computers and none of them show that timer! That would settle me down a little and I wouldn’t screw up question #1 and neatly forget all about someone named Fisi!

7. gnrpoison (@gnrpoison) said on 17th May 2012, 12:19

Quite happy with 13, although I could not answer the picture one, as an answer box did not appear. Don’t know if that was a fault with the quiz or with my internet browser.

8. thekingofspa (@) said on 17th May 2012, 16:20

16!! Can’t believe it!! Guess shuffling through F1 databases in wiki over the past three months helped me.