Caption Competition 13: Bernie and Sir Frank

Caption Competition

Frank Williams, Bernie Ecclestone, Barcelona, 2012

It was a dramatic weekend for Sir Frank Williams in Barcelona.

Pastor Maldonado scored Williams’ first win in eight years – but all at the team were fortunate to escape a fire which broke out in their garage after the race.

Before all that there were belated birthday celebrations for the team’s founder, who turned 70 in April.

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone was among those who joined in the party. What did he have to say to Sir Frank? That’s up to you to decide in today’s Caption Competition.

Post your suggest for a funny caption in the comments. A selection of the best will be featured in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Williams/LAT

79 comments on Caption Competition 13: Bernie and Sir Frank

1. Katz, Tim said on 19th May 2012, 12:43

“I’ll send you my bill for making the speach later, Frank.”

2. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 19th May 2012, 13:02

“Come on then. Own up. Who drew the c**k and balls on the wall behind me.”

3. Lothario said on 19th May 2012, 13:10

BE:- (Mumbles) ..where’s my match?
    FW:- What was that Bernie?
    BE:- Eurr eurr.. I said.. NOBODY CAN MATCH!! Nobody can match you Francis!

4. Franton said on 19th May 2012, 13:10

“Happy Birthday shorty!”

5. Robbie (@robbie) said on 19th May 2012, 13:21

Ha ha…nobody will know that I took the battery out of the mike and hid it in the fuse panel.

6. Todfod (@todfod) said on 19th May 2012, 13:36

The fire in the Williams garage wasn’t an accident. Someone started the fire to save everybody from Bernie’s singing.

7. PhilEReid (@philereid) said on 19th May 2012, 13:37

Bernie: Boots and cats and boots and cats and boots and cats and boots and cats…
    Frank: Ha, it’s funny because goblins eat both of those.

8. RevIt said on 19th May 2012, 13:51

Ok Frank…… don’t get fired up with what i am about to say….

9. phildick (@phildick) said on 19th May 2012, 13:52

Bernie: ‘I’m older than you, confirm that you understood this message…’

10. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 19th May 2012, 14:00

Bernie decides that it would be a good idea to wish Frank a happy birthday by performing Elvis Presley’s “Trouble” during a karaoke competition.

11. Martin Rasmussen (@floptickle) said on 19th May 2012, 14:17

“And I would do anything for love, but I won’t do that”

12. Asanator (@asanator) said on 19th May 2012, 14:40

We have sorted Hamilton and I’ve had a word with Stefano about strategy so as long as Pasta can keep it on the island……. Happy Birthday!!!!

13. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 19th May 2012, 14:53

‘Frank don’t know to take a hint! He even let the guy negotiate for them… But he will be sorry for the next 70 years!’

14. “I know what you’re thinking Frank; did he have 6 firelighters or only 5? So what you’ve got to ask yourself is: do I feel lucky?”

15. James (@spirals) said on 19th May 2012, 14:59

Frank: “I said we wouldn’t let any w*nkers into the team regardless of how much money they had, but we’ve made an exception today.”