Caption Competition 13: Bernie and Sir Frank

Caption Competition

Frank Williams, Bernie Ecclestone, Barcelona, 2012

It was a dramatic weekend for Sir Frank Williams in Barcelona.

Pastor Maldonado scored Williams’ first win in eight years – but all at the team were fortunate to escape a fire which broke out in their garage after the race.

Before all that there were belated birthday celebrations for the team’s founder, who turned 70 in April.

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone was among those who joined in the party. What did he have to say to Sir Frank? That’s up to you to decide in today’s Caption Competition.

Post your suggest for a funny caption in the comments. A selection of the best will be featured in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Williams/LAT

79 comments on Caption Competition 13: Bernie and Sir Frank

1 3 4 5
  1. DONN (@donn) said on 20th May 2012, 17:13

Frank do you have to have your babi in the garage !

2. DuncF1 (@duncf1) said on 20th May 2012, 18:03

“Behind my back I have an extra birthday present, courtesy of Lewis Hamilton – a litre of petrol…”

3. PhilEReid (@philereid) said on 20th May 2012, 18:30

Bernie: So I just blow into it like this?
    Frank: Aha, I told you I could make him do it.

4. dysthanasiac (@) said on 20th May 2012, 19:14

I can’t decide between:

“All the b!#&@*$ in the house say, ho!”

or

“I did it myyyyy waaaay.”

5. DC (@dujedcv) said on 20th May 2012, 19:55

Frank: … we couldnt get much higher
    Bernie: Come on baby, light my fire!

6. Ben73 (@ben73) said on 21st May 2012, 9:12

Frank looked at the sky bemused by Bernie’s announcement of how many races he has planned for the 2014 season.

7. Jeanrien (@jeanrien) said on 21st May 2012, 12:41

Let me make you the sound of that Williams again …

8. “Frank you’ve just won the spanish grand prix you don’t need to start a fire to be on tv”.

9. While Bernie laid down a dirty beat, Frank tore it up with some sick rhymes!

1 3 4 5