Caption Competition 14: Button and Paffett

Caption Competition

Jenson Button, Gary Paffett, Brands Hatch, 2012

McLaren reserve driver Gary Paffett explains the finer points of handling a DTM Mercedes C-Class to Jenson Button.

The pair are pictured at Brands Hatch, where Paffett scored his second win from the first three races, giving him a 25-point lead in the championship from BMW’s Bruno Spengler.

Like Paffett, Button won the first round of his championship this year. But he has slipped back to seventh in the F1 points table.

It’s over to you to see who can supply the best caption for this picture.

A selection of the best will be featured in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® DTM/Hoch Zwei

106 comments on Caption Competition 14: Button and Paffett

1. Thecollaroyboys (@thecollaroyboys) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:32

Parfett at a team owners meeting. “you are getting sleepy … You will offer me a drive. You will give me a bigger trailer than Jenson.”

2. David-A (@david-a) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:34

“So then I told Lewis, “Don’t push me, ‘cos I’m close to the edge!”

3. Saiesh (@saiesh) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:35

And after thrace Webber just jumped in the pool like this.

4. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:40

Gary Paffet shows Jenson Button how McLaren can improve their pit stops through the power of interpretive dance.

5. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:43

“I am now a corporate Vodafone McLaren Mercedes drone, I will do as I am told, and will say only what the team want me to say,”

6. sunnymir (@sunnymir) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:46

Paffet:”Jenson this is the gap between u and lewis in the standings”

7. Lothario said on 2nd June 2012, 11:46

GP: “Hey Presto, Hocus Pocus, Abra Kadabra!”
    JB: “What are you doing?”
    GP: “…There you go, your own DTM, Jense!”

8. PhilEReid (@philereid) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:49

GP: “And so this is the part where the stick the needles in right?”
    JB: “Yeah.”
    GP: “And then someone else will feel it right?”
    JB: “Yeah… Right, that’s what it does.”

9. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:49

Jenson : Gary, What are you doing???
    Gary : It’s called the Ketchup Song ! Neat right ?

10. U2F1 (@u2f1) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:55

its a very fine line Jenson !! keep your balance and tread cautiously

11. matt90 (@matt90) said on 2nd June 2012, 11:57

Paffett: I’ve been practising for the trapeze ever since you stole any hopes I had of a McLaren drive. Time for a career change to the circus!

12. U2F1 (@u2f1) said on 2nd June 2012, 12:03

so you see Jenson, those are my top 4 and you’re not there yet :)

13. Jeanrien (@jeanrien) said on 2nd June 2012, 12:20

I’m the master of puppets, you should try with your mechs …

14. SirCoolbeans (@sircoolbeans) said on 2nd June 2012, 12:42

If you put your arms out like this it will improve your car balance, Jenson.

15. schooner (@schooner) said on 2nd June 2012, 12:51

“That’s pretty good Paffett, now lift up your other foot.”