Caption Competition 14: Button and Paffett

Caption Competition

Jenson Button, Gary Paffett, Brands Hatch, 2012

McLaren reserve driver Gary Paffett explains the finer points of handling a DTM Mercedes C-Class to Jenson Button.

The pair are pictured at Brands Hatch, where Paffett scored his second win from the first three races, giving him a 25-point lead in the championship from BMW’s Bruno Spengler.

Like Paffett, Button won the first round of his championship this year. But he has slipped back to seventh in the F1 points table.

It’s over to you to see who can supply the best caption for this picture.

A selection of the best will be featured in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® DTM/Hoch Zwei

106 comments on Caption Competition 14: Button and Paffett

1. NinjaBadger (@ninjabadger) said on 2nd June 2012, 12:53

Button begins to look worried as Paffett starts to describe last nights antics…

2. BenH (@benh) said on 2nd June 2012, 12:54

You really are the mclaren puppet aren’t you Gary?

That’s why I got a drive in 2010 and you didn’t. Now get back in the simulator!

3. Show me the money!!!!!

4. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 2nd June 2012, 13:17

Fernando Alonso: “I have it in writing from Jenson that if I am still leading the championship after Monaco, he and Gary will act out any scene from the movie of my choice. So, Jenson, Gary – let’s see the scene between Jack and Rose on the bow of the Titanic. Whenever you’re ready.”

5. Robbie (@robbie) said on 2nd June 2012, 13:23

JB to GP: “See…if you had pockets your arms wouldn’t do that.”

6. FlyingLobster27 said on 2nd June 2012, 13:34

Unseen interviewer: “So Jenson, which Mercedes team will be the first to win two races?”
    Gary butts in, raising arms triumphantly: “Easy, HWA!”

7. James Brickles (@brickles) said on 2nd June 2012, 13:43

Lewis Hamilton (Offshot): “I just want to tell you both, good luck we’re all counting on you”

8. georges10099 (@georges10099) said on 2nd June 2012, 13:47

Button looks on in shock as Paffett adds actions to his favorite song: “I believe I can fly”

9. James Brickles (@brickles) said on 2nd June 2012, 13:51

Gary Paffett was seen doing a Mark Webber in Valencia impression during the Brands Hatch DTM race. Jenson Button was surprisingly impressed

10. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 2nd June 2012, 14:04

Girls, mate… girls everywhere!

11. CJ Salzms (@cjsalzms) said on 2nd June 2012, 14:05

“and this is how you balance the car, jenson”

12. Metal Mr. L (@metalluigi) said on 2nd June 2012, 14:18

Jenson Button on the new McLaren freeze ray: First Lewis in his pitstops, then Gary, then the world!!

13. chevyevey (@chevyevey) said on 2nd June 2012, 15:13

Hell of a night man. The boys and I dropped some acid and I swear I flew down to the shops to get some ciggies……..but when I got back, I’d forgotten the ciggies….:.

14. Nitasha Shankar (@nitashashankar) said on 2nd June 2012, 15:15

Look Jenson.. I can walk on water!

15. kwacky1 (@kwacky1) said on 2nd June 2012, 15:24

Paffet: One day all this will be mine.
    Button: Yeah right, pull the other one!