Caption Competition 14: Button and Paffett

Caption Competition

Jenson Button, Gary Paffett, Brands Hatch, 2012

McLaren reserve driver Gary Paffett explains the finer points of handling a DTM Mercedes C-Class to Jenson Button.

The pair are pictured at Brands Hatch, where Paffett scored his second win from the first three races, giving him a 25-point lead in the championship from BMW’s Bruno Spengler.

Like Paffett, Button won the first round of his championship this year. But he has slipped back to seventh in the F1 points table.

It’s over to you to see who can supply the best caption for this picture.

A selection of the best will be featured in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® DTM/Hoch Zwei

106 comments on Caption Competition 14: Button and Paffett

1. James Brickles (@brickles) said on 2nd June 2012, 19:41

Paffett: “A DTM cockpit has about this much more space than an F1 car.”
    Button: “Perfect for someone like Montoya.”

2. Sam Duncombe (@leumas636) said on 2nd June 2012, 20:07

“Hey Jenson . . . . . catch me quick . . . i’m struggling for balance!”

3. Luis Conde (@luchingador) said on 2nd June 2012, 20:52

I believe i can fly, no

4. Wesley (@wesley) said on 2nd June 2012, 20:59

…so he’s like this with angry townspeople chasing him away with pitchforks and torches….seriously dude,I can’t believe you’ve never watched “Frankenstein”

5. arporter (@arporter) said on 2nd June 2012, 21:05

Paffett shows Button how to find the perfect balance

6. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 2nd June 2012, 21:34

“Calm down folks! I believe it’s called a …’goatee?!’. He’s having a rough time since Melbourne, go easy on him, we all know a goatee helps a man in time of crisis.”

7. bt55 said on 2nd June 2012, 21:59

G.P. “and then i was like look at me, NO HANDS down the back straight”
    J.B. well mate that’s probably why they didn’t give u the full time gig”

8. xeroxpt (@) said on 2nd June 2012, 22:09

F1 cars are just sheer perfections. this cars just shake and wobble, you know like Brhrbrbrhrhrhbrbrrb.

9. TheD4N1EL (@thed4n1el) said on 2nd June 2012, 22:11

Jenson: Do you Tommy Cooper impresion
    Paffett: Ahahaha

10. xeroxpt (@) said on 2nd June 2012, 22:11

I guess he is just trying to explain what its like to drive his Mercedes.

11. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 2nd June 2012, 22:38

‘And then Martin said to me: you’re this close to a raceposition at McLaren’

12. sato113 (@sato113) said on 2nd June 2012, 23:04

Paffett tops the invisible dj-ing championship

13. thatscienceguy said on 2nd June 2012, 23:27

And now for my next illusion, i will make this car appear to levitate. I will need the help of my trusty assistant Jensonina for this one…

14. Jake (@jleigh) said on 2nd June 2012, 23:48

This is how I normally find the right balance Jenson!

15. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 2nd June 2012, 23:53

“And this is how we used to drive with the F-duct!”