The 2011 Grand Prix was stopped for two hours as a downpour fell on the Montreal track.
A low-pressure weather system lying to the south-east of Montreal is producing cool conditions in the area at the moment. Thunderstorms are expected on Friday afternoon which could coincide with the second practice session at 2pm.
Lighter rain is forecast on Saturday, which could make for an interesting qualifying session. But conditions for the race are expected to be much better.
Expect to see more sunshine and higher temperatures on Sunday, rising from around 20 to 25C.
Keep an eye on developments in the forecast with the weather radar links and local forecasts below. The first shows a three-hour precipitation forecast and is worth checking before the start of each session.
And as usual we’ll provide more weather updates throughout the sessions on F1 Fanatic Live.
Location of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
2012 Canadian Grand Prix
- Hamilton seventh Driver of the Weekend winner
- Canadian GP gets another high rating
- Top ten pictures from the 2012 Canadian Grand Prix
- Vote for your Canadian GP driver of the weekend
- Third Canada win for Hamilton in 300th race for McLaren-Mercedes
Image ?é?® Lotus/LAT