Pastor Maldonado will lose five places on the grid after a penalty for having his gearbox changed.
Maldonado originally qualified 17th after crashing at the end of Q2.
His penalty leaves him 22nd on the grid, promoting Heikki Kovalainen to 17th.
It’s Maldonado’s third grid penalty in the last two races. He had another gearbox change in Monaco and was demoted ten places for colliding with Sergio Perez during practice.
2012 Canadian Grand Prix
- Hamilton seventh Driver of the Weekend winner
- Canadian GP gets another high rating
- Top ten pictures from the 2012 Canadian Grand Prix
- Vote for your Canadian GP driver of the weekend
- Third Canada win for Hamilton in 300th race for McLaren-Mercedes
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT