Caption Competition 15: Sir Stirling Moss and friends

Caption Competition

Sir Stirling Moss, 2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is coming up soon, so I’ve selected a picture from an earlier Festival for this week’s Caption Competition.

Here’s Sir Stirling Moss enjoying himself at the 2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

It’s over to you to see who can supply the funniest caption for this picture.

A selection of the best will be featured in the daily round-up.

This year’s Festival takes place on June 29th – July 1st.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Andy Smerdon

114 comments on Caption Competition 15: Sir Stirling Moss and friends

1 2 3 6
  1. craig-o (@craig-o) said on 16th June 2012, 10:29

Looks like I might not be able to drive as fast as I used to, but I’ve still got my charm!

2. But then as time ran out the new Girls Aloud line up was confirmed… all together now: “I’m just a love machine”

3. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 16th June 2012, 10:34

Hey Bernie, I got three! How many u got mate?

4. silencer (@silencer) said on 16th June 2012, 10:36

remember kids; pimpin ain’t easy. Come to papa

5. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 16th June 2012, 10:37

Kaltenborn, Wolff, De Villota become FIA WMC Ambassadors (Formula1.com)

Monisha Kaltenborn: “Women nowadays do have the competence, the self-confidence and the education to follow a professional career in any area they choose, but still they need the right opportunities to achieve their goals. The challenge now is to develop the platforms for them, so they have equal chances to show their abilities in all business areas they are interested in, which may include motorsport.”

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 16th June 2012, 11:19

Haha. I was thinking that this doesn’t need a caption, but if it has to have one, that should it.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 16th June 2012, 13:07

Spot on PM!

• GR (@gr) said on 16th June 2012, 13:24

Smart, funny, topical, and with a moral undertone.

I like it!

• Kylevin said on 16th June 2012, 13:24

good one PM

• necrodethmortem (@necrodethmortem) said on 16th June 2012, 16:25

“Monisha, don’t be shy, come join us”

• Snafu (@snafu) said on 16th June 2012, 18:29

brilliant!

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 17th June 2012, 0:12

Just for the record, this isn’t intended to be a sexist caption. I’m all for having more women involved in motorsports – I just found the contrast between Kaltenborn’s comments and this picture to be funny.

• Mad Eric (@mad-eric) said on 17th June 2012, 0:41

Not funny, Bloody Hilarious – Every single phrase of Monisha’s has a double entendre NOW that you have made the link.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 17th June 2012, 1:49

@mad-eric – Did you read the entire article?

From Susie Wolff:

“There were not really any role models for me in motorsport when I was younger, but my mother and grandmother were both very strong, inspirational women. Certainly my mother taught me to believe that I could do whatever I put my mind to, and that’s what helped me in following a career path that other women didn’t. If what I am doing can inspire just one girl to give racing a go, then I would feel I had made a positive difference.”

And from Maria de Villota:

“It is very important to let other women know that with enough belief and application, you can overcome any hurdle. If I can be an F1 test driver, I am sure a lot of women can do it too. It is purely a question of talent, hard work and commitment. I gave my life to motorsport and just kept the faith that my optimism would be rewarded.

“For women who love motorsport, it is very important to visualise yourself doing what you want to do. Being different is hard. Not having another woman around to ask is tough and your destiny really is in your own hands. Having everyone’s eyes watching your every move is a lot of pressure. But, if there is passion, then there is no option but to keep pushing. It’s like anything in life, no one is going to make it happen for you but if you work hard to fulfil your dreams, the taste of success is unbeatable. I am very proud of how far I have come because I relied only on myself to get here.”

I’m a terrible person.

• Kimi4WC said on 19th June 2012, 7:16

Thats if they interested.

6. “When I were a lad, our grid girls looked like these three”

7. Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 16th June 2012, 10:38

Stirling couldn’t hide his disappointment: he always thought crumpets came in packs of six.

8. Stirling – “So, let me get this right… there’s DEFINATELY no race tomorrow?”

• Carlito's way said on 16th June 2012, 21:16

Lol it’s really funny when someone makes a grammatical error and, to add insult to injury, in CAPITAL LETTERS.

9. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 16th June 2012, 10:43

Moss: “I suddenly feel so over-dressed …”

10. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 16th June 2012, 10:45

The Pussycat Dolls find a fourth member to replace Nicole Scherzinger.

11. A-Safieldin (@) said on 16th June 2012, 10:56

“Ladies think of me as your experienced driver”

12. Bananas said on 16th June 2012, 11:06

“…and the winner is the one that comes first”

13. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 16th June 2012, 11:13

“Oh, hey, I just met you,
    And I’m not crazy,
    But I don’t know where I am;
    Won’t you help me, ladies?”

14. Stefan Kelly (@brawngp) said on 16th June 2012, 11:31

‘This guy does have money right???’

15. Cornflakes (@cornflakes) said on 16th June 2012, 11:32

Sir Stirling Moss inadvertently stands in a small patch of quicksand at the Goodwood Festival of Speed

1 2 3 6