As in Canada two weeks ago, Valencia’s two DRS zones have been reduced to one.
Last year there were activation points at the exits of turns ten and fourteen. This year drivers will only be allowed to use DRS on the straight following turn ten during the race.
This single DRS zone is slightly longer than that used last year – drivers will be able to activate DRS 70m earlier.
The detection point remains essentially unchanged – it’s still on the approach to turn eight, but two metres earlier than last year.
2012 European Grand Prix
- Alonso is 2012’s eighth Driver of the Weekend winner
- European Grand Prix rated best race of 2012 so far
- Top ten pictures from the European Grand Prix
- Vote for your European GP Driver of the Weekend
- Schumacher is oldest driver on podium since 1970
Image ?é?® McLaren/Hoch Zwei