1950s and 1960s F1 cars at the Goodwood Festival

2012 Goodwood Festival of Speed

Pictures of some of the great cars from the first two decades of world championship at this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed.

This selection includes the beautiful 1967 Eagle-Weslake T1G as well as the V16-engined BRM P15.

Jack Brabham’s first F1 car of his own design, the Brabham BT3, is among those on display and in action.

Goodwood Festival of Speed

Browse all Goodwood Festival of Speed articles

Images ?? F1 Fanatic

12 comments on 1950s and 1960s F1 cars at the Goodwood Festival

1. nickfrog (@nickfrog) said on 30th June 2012, 14:33

BT3 in action yesterday, my best pic of the day thanks to the brake lock… Not sure who was driving though ?

2. robbiepblake (@driftin) said on 30th June 2012, 15:25

I wish I went this year. Seeing these posts and my twitter feed flooded with #fosgoodwood tweets is making me regret not getting a couple of tickets and camping with my friend like I did last year, which was one of the best things I’ve done.

3. Becky Soto (@lady3jane53) said on 30th June 2012, 15:26

Wish I was there! One of these days I’ll get over there.

4. F1Yankee (@f1yankee) said on 30th June 2012, 17:01

gorgeous, proper-looking race cars, even if they were beyond lethal.

5. TED BELL said on 30th June 2012, 18:54

Writing from the Pacific Northwest in the USA you can only imagine how cool it would be to be able to see Goodwood and all that this event offers. Such an amazing collection of cars and to actually be there and hear the sounds would be something special. One of these days….

6. French Steve (@french-steve) said on 30th June 2012, 22:55

The Eagle is one of my favourites F1 cars of all time (with the Ferrari 312T 1975 and the Lotus 97T 1985).

7. xeroxpt (@) said on 30th June 2012, 23:54

That Cooper t45/51 is just unique, talking about it brought to life the memory that i have one model in my basement.

8. Miss Chief (@miss-chief) said on 1st July 2012, 2:53

Eagle Weslake is still an absolutely beautiful car. it’s the first car that comes to mind if someone asks me what’s the prettiest F1 car.

9. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 1st July 2012, 18:56

Big daft numbers on F1 cars always look good. I guess they were quite necessary, given how everything was broadcast in black & white.

Oh and V16? Wow.