2012 British Grand Prix practice in pictures

F1 pictures

Pictures from the soaking wet first day of practice for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus F1 Team/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Getty Images/Red Bull, Sahara Force India F1 Team, Sauber F1 Team, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, HRT, Pirelli

23 comments on 2012 British Grand Prix practice in pictures

1. Ambik (@ambikm) said on 6th July 2012, 16:34

CT01 is running a McLaren type exhaust in Heikki’s car I guess. That is a comparative upgrade if they intent to run it on both the cars. His time from FP2 at least can confirm some of it’s advantage.Can they score there first championship point from the upgrades in a condition like Britain is needed to be seen. :)

2. Stefan Kelly (@brawngp) said on 6th July 2012, 16:39

The names on some of the alonso and massa pics are mixed up

3. Fixy (@fixy) said on 6th July 2012, 17:16

It telss something that most pictures were taken in the pit lane or garages…

4. Fixy (@fixy) said on 6th July 2012, 17:17

Is everyone wearing a star (Maria de Villota’s) on their helmets? I noticed Massa has it on either sides, Perez has it on the back but I can’t tell the others. Surely, despite it not being much nor much visible, it’s a nice gesture. I hope Marussia has something on their car like Renault had for Kubica.

5. callum (@095cal) said on 6th July 2012, 19:08

Some great shots when the track is soaked and the weather is dull. Looking foward to the top 10 pictures of the weekend

6. Neel Jani (@neelv27) said on 6th July 2012, 19:49

I see the Red Bull car as a Toro Rosso look alike from far

7. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 6th July 2012, 20:53

I wish the HRT wasn’t so lesser-spotted. I really do like it.

• Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 6th July 2012, 21:13

Great colours aren’t they? Reminds me of Rebellion Racing’s red, gold and white last year at Le Mans.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 7th July 2012, 8:47

Red, white and gold is a nice choice … but I think they’re gone a little overboard. The giant, NASCAR-style numbers are silly, and there’s a few squiggles of colour – like on the engine cowling and in the space between the front wheel and the sidepod – that are as pointless as they are excessive. It looks like someone in the team has gone “Oooh, there’s a blank space there! Quick, let’s put something in it before anybody noitces!”

If they got rid of those squiggles, took away the big number and replaced with with a larger Tata logo, and replaced the existing Tata logo on the engine cover with a team insignia, it would look so much better.

8. Chris Jones said on 7th July 2012, 0:35

Keith, I just have to say thanks for bringing us all such great, hi-res pictures all the time!

9. I Love the Pope said on 7th July 2012, 3:04

Its a shame the HRT is such a turkey. It is a nice looking car. I love the gold on it.

10. Prof Kirk (@prof-kirk) said on 7th July 2012, 11:49

@keithcollantine

Thanks for the Red Bull Photos, let the search begin!

11. Silverkeg (@silverkeg) said on 8th July 2012, 10:45

Quite a nice surprise when I found little old me in the Red Bull Pictures. Many thanks :D

It’s even cooler knowing exactly where I am on the livery