Rate the race: 2012 British Grand Prix

2012 British Grand Prix

What did you think of the British Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 British Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (2%)
  • 4 (2%)
  • 5 (6%)
  • 6 (19%)
  • 7 (31%)
  • 8 (24%)
  • 9 (11%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 608

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 British Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 British Grand Prix articles

116 comments on Rate the race: 2012 British Grand Prix

1. dirgegirl (@dirgegirl) said on 8th July 2012, 14:50

Pretty good race! The first couple of laps were breathtaking and there were some good battles throughout. Mark Webber on Alonso at the end was great. Some rain could have made it more interesting but I wouldn’t really wish that on the fans who were probably soggy enough. 7 from me (even though McLaren were frankly lame).

2. Slr (@slr) said on 8th July 2012, 14:52

I’d say a 6/10 (thought I accident voted 7). The start was great and I thought we were in for a great afternoon, but the action died down and the became average.

The incident with Kobayashi running over his mechanics was horrible to watch. I hope those hurt turn out to be okay in the end. Kobayashi was very sorry about it. It was a shame for him as he looked set for a solid points finish.

3. Magnificent Geoffrey (@magnificent-geoffrey) said on 8th July 2012, 14:56

I thought it was a great race! Lots of overtaking, action throughout and a battle for the lead at the finish.

A solid 8/10.

4. Aled Davies (@aledinho) said on 8th July 2012, 15:04

a solid 7! great first 5 laps then a pretty settled middle of the race. End got exciting again.

worrying as a Hamilton fan…mclaren were nowhere near the pace of Ferrari and Red Bull. Perhaps they went with more wing expecting wet weather but I’d say they probably have the 4th best car now behind Red Bull, Ferrari and the lotus in race trim.

Button probably has to concede the championship now, Hamilton is Mclarens only hope but suppose being as slow as they are at the moment they can do what they want with the drivers they’re in a battle to finish in the top 5 in the constructors at the moment

5. Maksutov (@maksutov) said on 8th July 2012, 15:05

I think it was a good race. Its a bit unfair to say that race was boring because McLaren were not competitive.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 8th July 2012, 17:04

I had the disadvantage of watching it in Czech (not the language, but meh quality of commenters). Learnt from that how important a good commentary team is to enjoy the race!
      First 5 laps were really nice, in the middle there was quite a lull, where only pitstops really changed the order. And the last 10 laps or so were good. Although it was a shame that FOM chose to follow Webber for the last lap instead of focussing on Kimi hunting Massa and a few other on track battles.

6. tito bagus (@tito1790) said on 8th July 2012, 15:07

boring race….

7. wigster (@wigster) said on 8th July 2012, 15:09

Only 5/10 I think.
    The number of replays the director felt the need to show of the very straightforward DRS pass of Webber on Alonso for the lead says it all really.

Everyone in the points other than Schumacher, Button and Maldanado finished at most a few places from where they started, there was very little overtaking near the front, and not much interest in strategy as everyone did 2 stops.

8. ME4ME (@me4me) said on 8th July 2012, 15:11

8/10. I quite liked it. Not any overly crazy stuff going on, but still exiting with all the overtaking taking place. Especially some of the moves Grosjean pulled off where quite amazing. Also I do like it that nothing suddenly interupted the race. Cars breaking down etc creates alot of drama, but isn’t what i want to see. I rather watch a race like this with alot of overtaking and some drivers making mistakes, it’s more what’s racing is all about. Can’t wait for the German GP in two weeks :)

9. soundscape (@soundscape) said on 8th July 2012, 15:12

I gave it an 8, but it got an extra point for a win from Mark Webber. =D
    It was certainly boring in the middle, but the start and finish were fantastic viewing. It had to be one of the more tense beginnings and ends to a race that I’ve seen.

10. Younger Hamii (@younger-hamii) said on 8th July 2012, 15:12

Overall I went with a generous 7, a decent race although not sufficient action throughout the race and the BBC commentary was very poor, they couldn’t really follow the development of battles properly such as Webber and Alonso at the end, I thought they spotted it reasonably late as well as the Schumi and Hamilton. On the other hand, teams still seem to pick a variety of strategies which remains good considering we’re at the half way point of the season.

11. mattshaw85 (@mattshaw85) said on 8th July 2012, 15:13

Fairly run of the mill race. I was actually disappointed there wasn’t so much as a shower, mind you thats probably a good thing for the fans that went along. Looking like McLaren are starting to be left behind. Very frustrating for them, and a shame Mercedes still havent managed to get to the front consistently. That said it’s good to see Ferrari at the front again in recent races.

12. smokinjoe (@smokinjoe) said on 8th July 2012, 15:16

I think Ferrari should take a second to rethink their race ending strategies. That was the third race that Fernando Alonso has lost on that note

13. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 8th July 2012, 15:24

not exciting at all,….atleast by 2012′s standards. No major crashes at the front. Only Webber’s move on Alonso made it interesting

14. Matty No 2 (@mattynotwo) said on 8th July 2012, 15:25

Very enjoyable race today, nice surprise on the podium at the end. 8

15. Paul A (@paul-a) said on 8th July 2012, 15:33

Boring. Ferrari on options, predictably slow. Tyre lottery, predictable. Lotuses fast but not on podium, predictable. Solid, unspectacular drives from the podium finishers.

But … the worst feature is the “new” podium/interview system. Electronic flags??? And Canadian TV were so surprised that they cut Webber’s and Alonso’s “interview” with advertizing. Was it just our feed that also lost image and more often sound much more regularly than usual? Sheesh.