Rate the race: 2012 British Grand Prix

2012 British Grand Prix

What did you think of the British Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 British Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (2%)
  • 4 (2%)
  • 5 (6%)
  • 6 (19%)
  • 7 (31%)
  • 8 (24%)
  • 9 (11%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 608

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 British Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 British Grand Prix articles

116 comments on Rate the race: 2012 British Grand Prix

1. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 8th July 2012, 15:34

7/10 from me.

I thought it was an entertaining race. It did quieten down through the middle phase but when Webber started to catch Alonso it did spring back into life. Prior to that Lotus did make things exciting when they were battling with Hamilton and seeing their pure pace was pretty satisfying. I think the biggest disappointment for me is Sauber. Perez was terribly unfortunate and Kobayashi’s pit-stop didn’t help him at all. He was catching Button in the end but he lost so much time in the pits it just wasn’t to be. That’s not voting with my heart so much, but more just because they worked really hard on Friday, did plenty of laps, did well in qualifying but just lost their way in the race.

2. sid_prasher (@) said on 8th July 2012, 15:36

Strange comments so far…I quite liked the race. It was dry – no weather lottery and no SC intervention; just straight racing. There were battles going on for every position. Disappointed by the fact that the softs didn’t last for Fernando…they only needed to do 15 laps on them.
    Solid performance from Massa…his best result in almost 2 years. Lotus needs to understand how to extend their pace during the last 1/3 of the race to the entire race distance – really they should have won at least 1 race till now.
    Cant understand why Mclaren have fallen behind – they had updates for this race. Did they use them?

3. Duke (@duke) said on 8th July 2012, 15:47

Boring

4. Yoshitsune (@yobo01) said on 8th July 2012, 15:53

6 for me.
    It was an ok race, but it’s a shame that the leading couple got away in the first stint, it could have been more interesting with Massa and Vettel in the mix. Schumacher’s train ruined it a little bit, as Raikkonen did in Monaco. But it happens, I understand that.
    Good racing between Mark and Fernando, good recovery from Grosjean. Yeah, there were some good battles, but nothing extraordinary.

The DRS seemed ok to me, it’s in a good place in my opinion, and overtaking was not so easy as someone is saying. But the tyres were a disaster. Pirelli made a mistake by bringing the Softs. They probably are too soft for Silverstone, Medium and Hard would have been bettere in my opinion.

5. Murray Walker has a lot to answer for – I blame him entirely for my obsession with F1 and the loss of 4 days every race weekend. The Beeb coverage still rules and I wish it were every weekend. Kudos to the team – incredibly informative and entertaining – even Eddie is vaguely bearable.

6. Justinas M (@justinas-m) said on 8th July 2012, 16:12

2/10. Probably the worst organization of a GP, especially broadcast, in some 10 years I guess. Apart from leaders switching at the end and waiting for a possible rain there was absolutely nothing to watch during the whole race. Tried to watch the last lap when RAI was chasing MAS with a gap less that 0.3s but the TV only showed dull lap from Webber instead. Such a shame.

7. beneboy (@beneboy) said on 8th July 2012, 16:13

5/10 – Falling asleep towards the end…

8. Estesark (@estesark) said on 8th July 2012, 16:23

The race itself was fine, but I was expecting more. Specifically, I was expecting a wet race to spice things up. After all the rain on Friday and Saturday, I think a few drivers would have found themselves running out of tyres, and that would have been fun to watch. Failing that, I was half-expecting a Lotus or a McLaren to make a charge onto the podium, and that didn’t materialise. Nevertheless, there were a couple of good battles, including the one between Alonso and Webber for the race lead. I always enjoy seeing the lead change hands on the track rather than during pit stops. All in all, 7/10.

9. Ron (@rcorporon) said on 8th July 2012, 16:26

I liked it. Some good battles and RBR had a good showing.

10. Passo (@passo) said on 8th July 2012, 16:28

Being at the race and following it on 5live and yet it was still very hard to follow! There was some good action down the field that I don’t think the cameras caught. I enjoyed being there but I would give it a 7. Good climax.

11. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 8th July 2012, 16:36

8 – I found it to bean extremely enjoyable race, all the battles between Grosjean and Hamilton, and Webber and Alonso.

I was disappointed with Mclaren’s lack of pace, and I thought Lewis should have been hire in the points and potential podium, and Jenson should have been in the points.

But I was very happy to see my fellow countryman take the win in the last few laps with nan incredible pass on Alonso.

Also, Silverstone is just such an incredible race track, how could anyone give it any less than a 7?

12. molino (@molino) said on 8th July 2012, 16:38

the racing was great on a dry silverstone and the commentary from brundle and croft was passionate and genuine, however the more i hear this sky presenter georgie thompson talk, the more i think she has no interest about the sport at all. The way she ask questions and give her understanding in the post race shows us purists that she does the minimum to get tv air time

13. djdaveyp85 (@djdaveyp87) said on 8th July 2012, 16:41

Worst race of the season so far. If I could describe it in one word —> ****

14. Shrieker (@shrieker) said on 8th July 2012, 16:44

4. Doesn’t deserve more than that. Actually it was 3 but for the lead battle in the closing laps.

15. nackavich (@nackavich) said on 8th July 2012, 16:58

Are we even talking about the same race here??? Anything under 5 is just ridiculous, and being the British Gp I’m sure the McLaren fans are disappointed and that may reflect in the poll, but seriously the on-track action at the most part wasn’t always dependent on DRS. On such an aero dependent track the cars were still able to follow each other through the faster corners and make a move. The TV images didn’t show all the action but if you watched the timing you would’ve seen some interesting battles occur.
    Ok, it was no Valencia but I gave it an 8

• bosyber (@bosyber) said on 8th July 2012, 19:15

Had to laugh at that

Ok, it was no Valencia but I gave it an 8

– says a lot about this season being quite a different one doesn’t it @nackavich?

Agree with your post, I was disappointed not to see Hamilton, Schumacher make inroads, and Lotus really needs to get a good first half of the race sometime (well, GRO had in Valencia, only for it to go wrong after I suppose – not so helpful either :); this was quite a regular race in a way, but it was great to see the field so close and people fighting on track.