Ecclestone told the Singaporean newspaper Today the government will announce the deal shortly.
The F1 boss said: “Everything that was in the way of the Singapore Grand Prix continuing for another five years has been cleared.
“I’m happy that this is out of the way because Singapore has been good to F1 and the night race has also been equally good for Singapore.”
The Singapore Grand Prix was added to the F1 calendar in 2008. The new deal will see the street race remain on the calendar for a further five years beyond the end of this season.
2013 F1 calendar
- Bottas claims first Driver of the Weekend vote win
- Second race at COTA gets much lower rating
- Top ten pictures from the 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix team radio transcript
Browse all 2013 F1 calendar articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images