Caption Competition 16: Ecclestone and Massa

Caption Competition

Bernie Ecclestone, Felipe Massa, Valencia, 2012

Here are Bernie Ecclestone and Felipe Massa having a friendly exchange of views at the European Grand Prix.

What are the F1 tycoon and Ferrari driver talking about? It’s over to you to see who can supply the funniest caption for this picture.

Share your comedy captions in the comments and a selection of the best will be featured in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo

101 comments on Caption Competition 16: Ecclestone and Massa

1. Bernie: “Hey guess what? Fernando is faster than you.”
    Felipe: “Yeah, that’s getting old now”

2. Fritz (@) said on 14th July 2012, 11:16

massa: who will i race for after ferrari?
    bernie: indy like Rubens if you still want to be paid to drive. the ferrari no2 route.

3. Felipe: “We’re not as quick as the Red Bull and the Lotus.”
    Bernie: “Don’t worry, I’ve ‘had a look’ at their cars”

4. Harvs (@harvs) said on 14th July 2012, 11:45

“Hey Felipe! Fernando is beating you so bad, I reckon an old man like me can probably give you a run for your money. Wanna go?!”

5. darkenforca (@darkenforca) said on 14th July 2012, 11:56

FM: “Come on, I’m not saying your old or anything Bernie, but you couldn’t do a better job than me.”

6. robk23 (@robk23) said on 14th July 2012, 12:14

Bernie ‘understands message’ and punches himself in the chin.

7. RonPennis (@ronpennis) said on 14th July 2012, 12:15

Bernie: ” I answered the phone, It was Max asking if you could be HIS whipping boy, after Ferrari had finished with you?”
    Felipe: “Do i get to come first this time?…”

8. stingray (@stingray) said on 14th July 2012, 12:28

Massa: “Bernie! I am going to dedicate today’s drive to Fabiana!”

9. TheJudge (@thejudge) said on 14th July 2012, 12:30

BE: Believe me son,Fernando is faster than you….got it,chum?

10. Milan Pereira said on 14th July 2012, 12:34

Massa : I could take up Gerhard Gribkowsky’s position after my Ferrari career !! I could still earn more than what I get here….eh ?

11. DavidS (@davids) said on 14th July 2012, 12:36

Massa: Come closer, I want to look taller
    Bernie: #&$% you!

• Brace said on 15th July 2012, 1:28

I literary bursted into laughter when I read this one! :) And it was 2:20am! Must have scared family members. :)

This is the first caption I’ve seen that actually checks all 3 most important boxes:
      1. it fits Felipe’s pose
      2. it fits Bernie’s pose
      3. it’s FUNNY! :)

12. @TheRSD (@thersd) said on 14th July 2012, 12:40

You were supposed to spin off like usual felipe!

13. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 14th July 2012, 12:46

“It’s done. It’s going to happen.”
    “I stay for another year with Ferrari?”
    “No, you’ve won a Brucie bonus!”

14. Sarah Marshall said on 14th July 2012, 12:53

Bernie: Don’t call me short again.. Or I’ll punch you.. Shortie..

15. Platanna (@xaviex) said on 14th July 2012, 13:02

Here, let me help you keep your chin up.

16. Platanna (@xaviex) said on 14th July 2012, 13:03

The last guy that touched me like that ran off with my watch. Back off bru!

17. Platanna (@xaviex) said on 14th July 2012, 13:07

Bernie: You really want to know the secret to beating Fernando? Pretty simple…

18. Platanna (@xaviex) said on 14th July 2012, 13:08

Massa: No Bernie, not beat up Fernando, just beat.

19. cjpdk (@cjpdk) said on 14th July 2012, 13:18

Bernie: “You want me to fix the race? I’ll do this to Fernando!”

20. Andy (@turbof1) said on 14th July 2012, 13:47

Bernie: wait your titanium plate in your skull aint sitting right, let me fix that.