The DRS zone for Sunday’s race at the Hockenheimring will be on the straight leading to the Spitzkehre hairpin, turn six on the circuit.
As Hockenheim was not on the calendar last year this will be the first time DRS is used at the circuit.
The detection point for the zone is at the exit of the preceding turn four. Drivers can activate DRS 260m after exiting that corner.
Should DRS be used at every circuit in 2012? Which venues need DRS zones? Have your say here:
2012 German Grand Prix
- Fans’ videos from the 2012 German Grand Prix
- German GP Driver of the Weekend: Fernando Alonso
- Rate the Race result: 2012 German Grand Prix
- Montezemolo “more concerned” after German GP win
- Clear win for Ionutf1fanatic in Predictions Championship