Rate the race: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix

2012 Hungarian Grand Prix

What did you think of the Hungarian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (3%)
  • 3 (4%)
  • 4 (9%)
  • 5 (18%)
  • 6 (28%)
  • 7 (20%)
  • 8 (11%)
  • 9 (3%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 667

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

171 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix

1 3 4 5
  1. M30 said on 30th July 2012, 3:54

This race reminded of me the “delta” racing days with Schumacher in the early 2000’s. Sort of intriguing from that point of view, but I guess that is not exciting for some of us.

2. andra49 (@andra49) said on 30th July 2012, 7:51

I give it a 7. It wasn’t a classic race, but I think it’s still a very decent race. Few overtakes, but pit stop strategy and battle for the lead keeps it entertaining for me.

What concerns me is that people tend to complaint when there are many DRS overtakes, but when drivers unable to overtake easily like on Monaco or here in Hungary, people would say that as “boring race”. Personally, I think it’s better to have a race like this rather than those DRS races.

3. smifaye (@smifaye) said on 30th July 2012, 8:54

Disappointed with the race today really. Gave it a 6. I was pretty happy with the result as it was good for the championship with Hamilton, Raikkonen, Grosjean and Vettel closing the gap but apart from that there wasn’t too much to take away from it.

The Hungarian Grand Prix was spoilt last season but the rain we all wanted never came. It was good to finally see the pace of the cars in the dry but it provided little to no on track racing action. It was all done in the pitstops which reminded me very much of early 00’s F1.

Good race for the title, bad race for entertainment.

4. 4. It was the dullest race of the year so far.

I seem to remember the races of the noughties being decided by overtakes in the pit stops, which we all hated. yet for some reason when it happens this year it’s seen as eventful. I don’t agree.

5. spankythewondermonkey (@spankythewondermonkey) said on 30th July 2012, 9:05

6 – quite boring with little on-track action (or did i miss it as i caught 40 between laps 5-20?)
    highlight was the radio transmission when seb bieber was wingeing to red bull telling them to manufacture an overtake and rocky reeling him back in

6. Melchior (@melchior) said on 30th July 2012, 10:00

A 3 from me.Not sure how and why i managed to stay up and watch the finish.
    No overtaking except in the pits and those bloody Poorellis !!!

7. MazdaChris (@mazdachris) said on 30th July 2012, 10:16

7 from me. I found it quite a welcome break from the avalanche of slam-dunk DRS passes we’ve seen all season. I can’t imagine any race ever being a 4 or lower for me, since I don’t think i’ll ever find the spectacle of 24 of the fastest racing cars in the world being driven on the limit boring, especially when you have cars as beautiful as the lotuses. Bit of a shame there weren’t any big on-track battles, but there was plenty of excitement and frustration, and the Raikkonen/Grosjean pit exit moment was absolutely brilliant. Good to see Hamilton back at the level he should be driving, and incredibly Teflonso once again has a get out of jail free card, somehow extending his lead on a day when he finished fifth.

8. McLaren23 said on 30th July 2012, 11:29

6.5-Hamilton and Raikkonen had a good battle but no overtaking happened,it was just the same.Nice try for Vettel for closing the gap but it wasnt enough.I would like to see more fun on battles at the Hungaroring next year

9. McLarenFanJamm (@mclarenfanjamm) said on 30th July 2012, 11:37

I gave it a 6. Not much action but it was quite tense at times (especially as a Lewis fan!). Also, my three favourite drivers were on the podium, so it got an extra point for that.

10. Funkyf1 (@funkyf1) said on 30th July 2012, 12:46

5, listening to the team radio’s was more interesting than watching the driving. This race needed rain

11. Nige.B (@nigel2509) said on 30th July 2012, 16:37

Probably the worst of the season so far, almost impossible to overtake and the DRS area was well, totally useless. One to forget, cant wait for Spa and Monza!

12. vho (@) said on 30th July 2012, 17:26

For me the only exciting parts were; Button’s pass on Vettel at the start, and Kimi’s effort to hunt down Lewis – but even that ended up as anti-climax as there weren’t any real opportunities to pass. Once they started the interview I flicked over to archery at Lords… It was that boring.

13. PJA (@pja) said on 30th July 2012, 18:02

Not a great race so I only gave it a 6.

14. Bendanarama (@bendana) said on 30th July 2012, 21:21

Presumably all the People who’ve been complaining that all these easy overtakes have been ruining the sport have voted this race a 10.

15. Kimi4WDC said on 31st July 2012, 0:27

Basically depends who you support. I was like #$)%% until Kimi passed Alonso.

Unlike Kimi, most of other drivers were like #$$&*@ whole race :)

Though I would give this race an 8. I can’t see how anyone who is not Hamilton or Lotus fan would give it over 6 :)

16. Voted a 4, i liked the fact that Hamilton won, that Raikonnen was good and Grosjean got on the podium again. But the race was a parade, nothing more.

17. sonia luff (@sonia54) said on 1st August 2012, 17:41