Rate the race: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix

2012 Hungarian Grand Prix

What did you think of the Hungarian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (3%)
  • 3 (4%)
  • 4 (9%)
  • 5 (18%)
  • 6 (28%)
  • 7 (20%)
  • 8 (11%)
  • 9 (3%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 667

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

171 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix

1. Wallbreaker (@wallbreaker) said on 29th July 2012, 23:31

I gave it a five. Compared to races in the past, it might have been exciting but very very dull by 2012 standards.

2. Hairs (@hairs) said on 29th July 2012, 23:33

3. When you’re watching delayed highlights, and there’s still nothing to talk about for 90% of the time, then you know you’re watching boredom personified. If Valencia, often derided as the worst race track on the calender, could produce a reasonably good race, then the processions of Silverstone and Hungaroring need to be looked at.

Fast cars stuck behind slower cars meant potentially interesting battles were ruined.

3. Shrieker (@shrieker) said on 30th July 2012, 0:16

3+1(for hamster win) = 4.

4. Rodrrico (@rodrrico) said on 30th July 2012, 0:57

It was a bit dull, which is such a shame as it is one of my favourite circuits (mostly because is there for many years and is not some tilke thing). 6 from me.

5. F1fanNL (@) said on 30th July 2012, 1:11

1 point for Hamilton winning, 1 point for Raikkonen on the podium, 1 point for Alonso NOT making it on the podium and 1 point for Button handing Vettel 4th place. I thought that was quite nice of him. :)

Seriously though, what a dull race.

6. M30 said on 30th July 2012, 3:54

This race reminded of me the “delta” racing days with Schumacher in the early 2000′s. Sort of intriguing from that point of view, but I guess that is not exciting for some of us.

7. andra49 (@andra49) said on 30th July 2012, 7:51

I give it a 7. It wasn’t a classic race, but I think it’s still a very decent race. Few overtakes, but pit stop strategy and battle for the lead keeps it entertaining for me.

What concerns me is that people tend to complaint when there are many DRS overtakes, but when drivers unable to overtake easily like on Monaco or here in Hungary, people would say that as “boring race”. Personally, I think it’s better to have a race like this rather than those DRS races.

8. smifaye (@smifaye) said on 30th July 2012, 8:54

Disappointed with the race today really. Gave it a 6. I was pretty happy with the result as it was good for the championship with Hamilton, Raikkonen, Grosjean and Vettel closing the gap but apart from that there wasn’t too much to take away from it.

The Hungarian Grand Prix was spoilt last season but the rain we all wanted never came. It was good to finally see the pace of the cars in the dry but it provided little to no on track racing action. It was all done in the pitstops which reminded me very much of early 00′s F1.

Good race for the title, bad race for entertainment.

9. ajokay (@ajokay) said on 30th July 2012, 9:00

4. It was the dullest race of the year so far.

I seem to remember the races of the noughties being decided by overtakes in the pit stops, which we all hated. yet for some reason when it happens this year it’s seen as eventful. I don’t agree.

10. spankythewondermonkey (@spankythewondermonkey) said on 30th July 2012, 9:05

6 – quite boring with little on-track action (or did i miss it as i caught 40 between laps 5-20?)
    highlight was the radio transmission when seb bieber was wingeing to red bull telling them to manufacture an overtake and rocky reeling him back in

11. Melchior (@melchior) said on 30th July 2012, 10:00

A 3 from me.Not sure how and why i managed to stay up and watch the finish.
    No overtaking except in the pits and those bloody Poorellis !!!

12. MazdaChris (@mazdachris) said on 30th July 2012, 10:16

7 from me. I found it quite a welcome break from the avalanche of slam-dunk DRS passes we’ve seen all season. I can’t imagine any race ever being a 4 or lower for me, since I don’t think i’ll ever find the spectacle of 24 of the fastest racing cars in the world being driven on the limit boring, especially when you have cars as beautiful as the lotuses. Bit of a shame there weren’t any big on-track battles, but there was plenty of excitement and frustration, and the Raikkonen/Grosjean pit exit moment was absolutely brilliant. Good to see Hamilton back at the level he should be driving, and incredibly Teflonso once again has a get out of jail free card, somehow extending his lead on a day when he finished fifth.

13. McLaren23 said on 30th July 2012, 11:29

6.5-Hamilton and Raikkonen had a good battle but no overtaking happened,it was just the same.Nice try for Vettel for closing the gap but it wasnt enough.I would like to see more fun on battles at the Hungaroring next year

14. McLarenFanJamm (@mclarenfanjamm) said on 30th July 2012, 11:37

I gave it a 6. Not much action but it was quite tense at times (especially as a Lewis fan!). Also, my three favourite drivers were on the podium, so it got an extra point for that.

15. Funkyf1 (@funkyf1) said on 30th July 2012, 12:46

5, listening to the team radio’s was more interesting than watching the driving. This race needed rain