Whereas last year F1’s official tyre supplier used the soft and medium tyres for the two high-speed tracks, this season they will bring their hard and medium compounds.
Pirelli also used a harder tyre allocation for the previous round in Hungary, swapping soft and super-soft tyres for their medium and soft rubber.
Their soft, medium and hard tyre compounds for 2012 are all softer than they were in 2011.
Pirelli will use their softest tyres for this year’s Singapore Grand Prix, as they did last year.
Here is the 2012 F1 tyre allocation announced so far:
|Circuit||2012 Option||2012 Prime||2011 Option||2011 Prime|
|Bahrain||Soft||Medium||No race||No race|
|Hockenheimring||Soft||Medium||No race||No race|
|Singapore||Super Soft||Soft||Super Soft||Soft|
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Pirelli/LAT