Caption Competition 19: David Coulthard

Caption Competition

David Coulthard, Weehawken police, 2012

Former F1 driver turned BBC commentator and DTM racer David Coulthard has been in America doing a demonstration run for Red Bull this week.

This involved a visit from the Weehawken, New Jersey police force – and seemed a perfect picture for a Caption Competition.

So share your comedy caption in the comments below and look out for the pick of the best in the daily round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image via Red Bull on Twitter

109 comments on Caption Competition 19: David Coulthard

1 2 3 5
  1. dragoll (@dragoll) said on 18th August 2012, 10:07

DC: “I’m a racing driver, don’t you think I know where the steering wheel is…”

2. robk23 (@robk23) said on 18th August 2012, 10:08

“Who do you think you are, Lewis Hamilton?”

3. -I know I was going a bit too fast but otherwise I wouldn’t have enough downforce…
    -Mhm…

4. Officer: “get in there buddy!”…..
    DC: “wait a minute, I am DC” ….
    Officer: “Well, here is NJ, and you got yourself a ticket”

5. Red Andy (@red-andy) said on 18th August 2012, 10:17

“Sorry to bother you, Mr Coulthard. Someone mentioned doughnuts and we thought we’d better check it out.”

6. Mads (@mads) said on 18th August 2012, 10:18

Officer: “Yeah yeah excuses, excuses. Mr. Coulthard, this picture is definitely you, right?, and look at the speed of your car 205mp/h. And now look at the sign right there in the corner. It says 35 right? What do you think that means?”

7. f199player (@f199player) said on 18th August 2012, 10:29

DC: “Yes officer I saw the speed limit sign, I just didn’t see you”

8. ajitaw said on 18th August 2012, 10:30

“Sir I have official papers from the Queen of Eng…”
    “Queen of who?!”

9. Milos Zivkovic (@iamaflyingfinn) said on 18th August 2012, 10:32

Welcome back to America.

10. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 18th August 2012, 10:32

We came down to check out your coke bottle. Can you tell us how it works?

11. Mads (@mads) said on 18th August 2012, 10:32

Officer: “You did over 200mph in a 35 zone. Who do you actually think you are? A racing driver?”

12. the_sigman (@sigman1998) said on 18th August 2012, 10:38

DC: Why do you arrest me?
    Officer (Whiting): For causing a collision. So you will have a drive-through penalty.
    DC: What is that?
    Officer: What Pastor Maldonado does every race.

13. Osvaldas31 (@osvaldas31) said on 18th August 2012, 10:45

Officer: “Get into the car!”
    DC gets into the car.
    Officer: “Now could you teach me how drive faster, I want to be the quickest cop in road chases!”

14. Where are your tail lights sir?

15. lynchie (@lynchie) said on 18th August 2012, 10:59

Cop : “Sir, we are stopping you because we believe your Jawline is illegal”

DC : “wHHA… ? ”

Cop : ” Please try and put you face through this legality template… ” *holds up one of those templates like you get in the postoffice*

16. Police: “You were going 300 clicks!”
    DC: “Was that too slow?”

17. Police: “You’re getting a ticket for that. Now how do you spell Coulthard?”
    DC: “Yeah, it’s H-A-M-I-L-T-O-N”

• davidnotcoulthard said on 19th August 2012, 11:27

Cop: ” “HAMILTON”?That doesn’t seem to read “Coulthard”, ah well, I suppose that’s how they spell it in Scottish Gaelic….”

18. Todd (@braketurnaccelerate) said on 18th August 2012, 11:15

Cop: “Here’s my patrol car. It can do 140mph”
    Coulthard: “Oh…. That’s nothing, I was just doing 190 through the tunnel in my F1 car!”
    Cop: “F1 car? What’s that?”
    Coulthard: “A race car. You know, like on a race track”
    Cop: “OHHHH. NASCAR!!”
    Coulthard: “Noooo… F1 Car”
    Cop: “Yea…. NASCAR!”
    Coulthard: “Ok… NASCAR!”

19. davidnotcoulthard said on 18th August 2012, 11:21

“Mr. Policeman, I, as Red Bull’s representative, am arresting you for disturbing Sebastian Vettel during his run at New Jersey a few weeks ago. The fine will be US$666,777,666 and you’ll have 6 days to pay.”

20. Nick (@npf1) said on 18th August 2012, 11:38

DC was soon to find out, offering his ‘services’ to Policemen in the US didn’t mean the same as in the UK.

1 2 3 5